WTB MD11

The A/CAM market place. Let the buying/selling begin!!!

WTB MD11

Postby avgeek07 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone out there in airliner kit land has a spare MD11 kit they would like to sell or know anyone who is selling one in 200th scale preferable but if there is a 144th scale that I dont know about then that would be fine too.
I am looking to build one not for myself but for a good mate as a birthday present, who has an infatuation with them. I figured this might be a good place to ask. Ebay has one... but its located in the USA... postage my goodness no thanks

Hopefully someone out there may be able to help

Cheers in advance

Tim
Tim
avgeek07

Re: WTB MD11

Postby RayS » Mon May 30, 2016 8:14 am

Best keep looking for the 1/200 Hasegawa kit Tim, there is a 1/144 kit from Welsh Models but it is a vac form/resin kit and you are looking at $100 Plus for them.
Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Mon May 30, 2016 2:03 pm

G'day Tim,
To say that the Hasegawa 1:200 MD-11 kit is as rare as the proverbial rocking horse poo is an understatement.
Perhaps an alternative option for you may be to buy one of the cheaper plastic "snap together" type MD-11 models (eg: Long Prosper, PPC, Flight Miniatures, Wooster, Skymarks/Risesoon etc), and re-finish it in the colours of your choice.
Most of these type of models are relatively inexpensive and are of reasonably accurate shape, (especially in 1:200), and can be finished off as quiet a nice representation of the aircraft type. You can get "after market" decals, undercarriage etc if you wanted to "pimp her up" and add extra detail.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Garuda-Indon ... SwpIdW7V8w
In 1:200, sometimes this is virtually your only option (especially with types like A310, MD-11 etc).
I may have an old FedEx MD-11, (I will have to have a look), if you are interested in going this route.
Regards
TOR
tor lives

Postby Graeme H » Mon May 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Well I went down to the Rocking Horse Stables, and found one had pooped up a Hasegawa 1/200 J Stars Part 2 MD11 (JAL boxing)
So Tim if you are interested I have you covered

One day I will get around to putting up a bunch of 1/200th stuff, just need time to sort it out
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby tor lives » Mon May 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Graeme H wrote:Well I went down to the Rocking Horse Stables, and found one had pooped up a Hasegawa 1/200 J Stars Part 2 MD11 (JAL boxing)

One day I will get around to putting up a bunch of 1/200th stuff, just need time to sort it out

Good on ya mate, thanks for looking after another modeller.
This is the brotherhood of modellers in action, and demonstrates the value of sites like this.
The Hasegawa MD-11 is a lovely kit whatever the boxing.
TOR
tor lives

Postby avgeek07 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Graeme H wrote:Well I went down to the Rocking Horse Stables, and found one had pooped up a Hasegawa 1/200 J Stars Part 2 MD11 (JAL boxing)

WOW Greame you are deadset legend! I cannot thankyou enough. My mate is going to love this, just hope I can do the model justice!!

Yeah mate let me know how much and shipping and I will organise money!!
Tim
avgeek07

Postby avgeek07 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:09 pm

tor lives wrote:

Good on ya mate, thanks for looking after another modeller.
This is the brotherhood of modellers in action, and demonstrates the value of sites like this.
The Hasegawa MD-11 is a lovely kit whatever the boxing.
TOR

I have benefited from this forum greatly.... I will post some pics up of my current builds that are either finished or just about finished :D
I have a major fondeness for hasegawa kits as you will see.... my last three builds are all hasegawa models :D
Tim
avgeek07

Return to Swap and Sell