1:72 Sukhoi SU-26

Show us what's on the bench

1:72 Sukhoi SU-26

Postby tor lives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Here is my "works in progress" 1:72 Sukhoi SU-26. It was given to me by our own Adam Akrodude, (and thanks for that mate), and he tells me that it is from the "A Model" stable. Adam would probably be better-placed to give the background and history of this kit. It is a nice neat little resin kit that goes to together very quickly, (it is just this ham-fisted, procrastinating builder that is slow :roll: ).

BTW Adam....do you have a copy of the instructions, as I will need them to enter this in the Model Expo 2015 Civil Aircraft category
Ray
Last edited by tor lives on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tor lives

Re: 1:72 Sukhoi SU-26

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi Ray

I'll have a search through that disaster area I call my garage/office for the instructions.

What Ray has is a resin cast of the original Russian A Models kit (partially assembled). I did these for use as trophies years ago for the local aerobatic club - coat of paint, stuck on a stand, hey presto it's a trophy! I had to mass produce a few of these at the time and used a contact that Daryl (formally of back then from VHC) put me onto. I still have the silicon mould as well.

Modelling heaven for me will be when someone makes a 1/32 Su-26M!

BTW Ray, lookin' great so far!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member's Works in Progress