1/72 Tiger Moth VH-AMY

Show us what's on the bench

Re: 1/72 Tiger Moth VH-AMY

Postby tor lives » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:22 pm

That's looking shit hot so far Paul. I am really looking forward to following this build.
Modelling just seems to be more satisfying when you have a personal or emotional connection with the subject you are building.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Hey peeps. Update time again. Really enjoying this build and learning a bit at the same time. A few little things filled but fairly good in that regard. The bottom wing took a little bit of work to get right. So bottom wing, horizontal and vertical stabs fitted. The last of the rigging holes have been drilled as well. I've scratched up the elevator and rudder control horns as well as the rudder horns on the from thin styrene. I'll probably prime it tomorrow and then redrill the rigging holes before starting to rig the top wing before it gets fitted :)

Rudder horn

Toothpick for scale

Elevator and rudder control horns. Bit over scale but I think it'll be ok

I'll be leaving the engine off until I've finished the rigging and painting :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:54 pm

you keep this up and your no longer a member of lazy modeler anonymous :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

looks great
oz rb fan

Postby Graeme H » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:32 am

Great work there Paul
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 am

oz rb fan wrote:you keep this up and your no longer a member of lazy modeler anonymous :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

looks great

WTF???????????? Shit I can't have that. OK this is now on hold for a few years :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks guys. Really enjoying this I must say. As I've said before, if the rigging goes well there will be more biplanes in my future 8-) 8-) 8-)
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Here's a link to some detail shots I took of a couple of Tigers undergoing maintenance a while back..
http://s492.photobucket.com/user/ol-sti ... h%20photos
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Great pics Damo. I'll be saving them for future reference :)
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Really good progress Paul. Did you position the elevators down or are they like that in the kit?????
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:41 am

I cut and repositioned the elevators Ray. Easy thing to do as it'd a straight line. Today I've got a bit more putty to sand then rig the top wing. I tried some rigging on a bit of scrap sprue yesterday. I used EZ line and both clear and smoke invisible thread. Without paint the smoke looked the best but I'll be painting it anyways so colour doesn't really matter. The smoke one was also better to see so I think I'll go with that for ease of use. I also tried a burnt match next to it to tighten it up and that worked well. Just not too close ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
hrtpaul

PreviousNext

Return to Member's Works in Progress