Re: Aussie DC 9 31

Postby skystreak80 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:44 am

Graeme H wrote:Almost ready for service, great work Lee

Thanks Graeme almost

Lee
skystreak80

Postby skystreak80 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:45 am

avgeek07 wrote:That is looking so good!!

Thanks Slowly getting it the way i want it

Lee.
skystreak80

Postby skystreak80 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:30 am

Craig wrote:Looks fantastic. I did notice that you applied the cheat line then painted the fuselage and wings so did you seal the decal first and if so what did you use. I have built a fair few Ansett red delta liveries and the waynI do it is that I paint white then photo copy decal and stick,it on with blue tac then mask the top half and paint the silver,take some time so I gather your method quick. What colour did you use to paint the tail.

Craig

Thank you Craig no Decals have been used yet.
The exact way i done it was decant the Tamiya fine white primer and airbrush everything white mask up and airbrush the cheat line all red first then mask up the half i want to stay red add in the black let dry then i applied a 1 mm strip of masking tape under the cheat line and just followed the curves to match the cheat line before i sprayed the bare metal i sprayed the wings and wing fairings grey masked the areas i wanted to stay grey then added the metal colour and for the red i used Tamiya X-7 red & X-6 Orange ( 60% Orange / 40% Red ) i think it was Enamel for the red and black areas so if i made a mistake or get over spray it can be easily cleaned off with Enamel thinner

Lee
skystreak80

Postby skystreak80 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:52 pm

I couldn't wait any more i had to try these 3d window decals of kurt's
I was just going to put the cockpit windows on just out of curiosity untill i was ready to do the rest but i kept going and now 90% of the decal work is complete and i also painted the wing tips bare metal after checking pics on line
It was my first time using Kurt's and Hawkeye decals but both are top quality decals i also used Mr mark setter and Mr mark softer on everything.
Anyway here's pics of Zulu Charlie :)

Cheers

Lee....
skystreak80

Postby kfutter » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Wow, that looks fantastic, Lee!

Kev
kfutter

Postby F-27pax » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:40 pm

That is looking beautiful Lee. A lot of careful work has gone into this and it is paying off very nicely. Can I ask you a question going back to your Fly models experience? I ask because I have a few of these kits and don't want to have to waste them. Do you think the problems you had with alignment could be overcome if You knew there was a problem in advance? If so, what would you suggest?

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby skystreak80 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:02 am

kfutter wrote:Wow, that looks fantastic, Lee!

Kev

Thanks Kev

Lee
skystreak80

Postby skystreak80 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:53 am

F-27pax wrote:That is looking beautiful Lee. A lot of careful work has gone into this and it is paying off very nicely. Can I ask you a question going back to your Fly models experience? I ask because I have a few of these kits and don't want to have to waste them. Do you think the problems you had with alignment could be overcome if You knew there was a problem in advance? If so, what would you suggest?

Leigh

Thanks Leigh the classic liveries are always a little time consuming but i really love em & my ansett 727 will be easy after this one just drop the whole plane in a bucket of white paint and its done :D
As for the fly kit sure if i wanted to fix it i could have just removed one wing and re attach to match the opposite side so maybe just check if this needs to be done before attaching your wings i wish you luck with yours and what liveries do you have?

Lee
skystreak80

Postby F-27pax » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:44 am

What liveries am I planning for my DC-9s? As usual, I have a few DC-9s planned, from the DC-9-10 to the -50 and have Fly kits for them all (which is why I asked your advice). The -10 will be a TWA, I've yet to decide on livery for the -20, I've got the two Red Roo boxings for the -30 for the second Ansett Airlines of Australia and second TAA schemes, I don't have a kit for the -40 which will be in SAS livery but two -50 kits, one of which will be cut back to a -40. The -50 will have a Delta livery. I haven't worked out the MD series yet but the whole lot culminates with the PAS Models Boeing 717-200 for which Hawkeye already provides the Qantas livery. That's the plan. It's a way off yet, I've still to finish off my Boeing airliners and then I think I'll get on with Airbus before doing Douglas.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby skystreak80 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:25 am

Hi everyone how have you all been it's been a while and it's time to finish the DC-9 and also the 727 i started to make room on the bench for 3 new Authentic airliners 1/144 kits ie A310 , 767-200 , 747SP so a busy rest of the year with that lot but here is an almost finished DC-9 just needing the rear stairs fitted and final touches.

Back soon with the finished model thanks

Lee.
Last edited by skystreak80 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skystreak80

PreviousNext

Return to Member's Works in Progress