Ansett Commemorative Display Subject

Show us what's on the bench

Ansett Commemorative Display Subject

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi there, I started cutting out this vacuform earlier this year before I left for the UK. In the last few days I sanded the inches thick, bullet proof plastic and put her together. The shape and details all have issues .. sanded most of the over done ribbing off, the windscreen shape needs a bit of work but at the end of the day it should look like a Stinson Trimotor "A"

as it happens my mouse pad is an Ansett commemorative item as well
VH-WAL

Re: Ansett Commemorative Display Subject

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Looking forward to seeing this mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Very interesting Wally!

I reckon you should have a t-shirt made up for Expo saying:

"Tamigawa" is for babies! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Very interesting Wally!

I reckon you should have a t-shirt made up for Expo saying:

"Tamigawa" is for babies! :D

:lol: I like it1
VH-WAL

Postby Graeme H » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:27 pm

This should be another Wal masterclass
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby VH-WAL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Not much if any progress on this.. the more I look at it the more I realise that if completed, this model would look like a caricature of the Stinson it purports to be, it's shape and contours are so wrong, the cowlings too narrow in chord,nose too fat, cockpit cabin step too small and masking the rocker cover flutes of the cowlings is just going to be a poo job. I just can't be assed finishing this one, I am putting it back in a box I think...anyone want it?
VH-WAL

Postby skystreak80 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:19 pm

VH-WAL wrote:Not much if any progress on this.. the more I look at it the more I realise that if completed, this model would look like a caricature of the Stinson it purports to be, it's shape and contours are so wrong, the cowlings too narrow in chord,nose too fat, cockpit cabin step too small and masking the rocker cover flutes of the cowlings is just going to be a poo job. I just can't be assed finishing this one, I am putting it back in a box I think...anyone want it?

Nice subject but Sounds like a pig of a job to fix the inaccuracies is there a better kit of this aircraft ?
skystreak80

Postby VH-WAL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:22 pm

skystreak80 wrote:
VH-WAL wrote:Not much if any progress on this.. the more I look at it the more I realise that if completed, this model would look like a caricature of the Stinson it purports to be, it's shape and contours are so wrong, the cowlings too narrow in chord,nose too fat, cockpit cabin step too small and masking the rocker cover flutes of the cowlings is just going to be a poo job. I just can't be assed finishing this one, I am putting it back in a box I think...anyone want it?

Nice subject but Sounds like a pig of a job to fix the inaccuracies is there a better kit of this aircraft ?

don't think so
VH-WAL

Return to Member's Works in Progress