What was I thinking!!!!

Show us what's on the bench

What was I thinking!!!!

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:22 pm

While waiting for some stuff to dry/set on the 1:72 NASA NP-3A build, I thought I would tinker with a "tweener".
As several of my current clients operate the stunningly-sexy and beautiful Gulfstream IV Biz Jet, I thought it might be nice to have a representative model of one in my office. To that end I broke-out a 1:72 Broplan example from the stash. At the outset it must be said that Broplan is clearly Latin for absolute friggen nightmare of a kit, (no wonder I off-loaded a Broplan 1:72 Falcon 900 to Ray.S.....sorry mate :? ). What a horrible building experience it has been so far....difficulty in removing parts from backing plastic, (it's a dreaded vac-form), components that just don't fit, flimsy plastic with no strength, parts that are to thick when they should be thin and vice-versa. What the hell was I thinking!!!
This is a week's worth of work :? :

And can I just compliment Broplan on their extensive, well-written/drawn, and comprehensive instructions :roll: :

Anyway, I shall persevere and see what happens. I have yet to decide what colours she will wear, (if we get that far), but she will be a VH-registered civvie and not the Swedish Air Force example as shown on the instructions.
Pray for me :?
TOR
PS: be nice if she ended up looking something like this:
tor lives

Re: What was I thinking!!!!

Postby kfutter » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Keep at it, Ray! I reckon this will look pretty impressive when you've finished it.

Kev
kfutter

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:38 pm

You'll sort it out, Ray.
DesTROYer

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Broplan...hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhah deep breath
hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahah

never again..say Ray do want the spare Broplan Piaggio I have?
VH-WAL

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Actually Wal, seeing what you have achieved with a Broplan kit......quiet inspirational. If I can get the Gulfstream to anywhere near that standard I will be happy. Right then.....onward and upward with this bitch of a thing.
TOR
PS....that's a big NO on the Piaggio kit but thanks for the offer :D . Yours would look mighty good in our Ansett display this year at Model Expo Wal.
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Knotty....as per your recommendation she is now full of two-part expoxy and she already feels more substantive. Thanks for the advice.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Knotty » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Geez , good luck with it Ray . What a dog of a kit , but then again it wouldn't be modelling without a few challenges. ;)
Glad to hear the epoxy worked . One good thing about This site is that we can all learn from each other's experience with different kits . Bloody vac form kits !!!! When it's the only game in town , you haven't really got a choice. ;)
Knotty

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 am

Holy crap mate! Good luck with that! Makes some of your refurb's look easy!

I salute you dude!
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member's Works in Progress