DesTROYers Bandai 1/72 Tie Fighter and Tie Advanced X1

Show us what's on the bench

DesTROYers Bandai 1/72 Tie Fighter and Tie Advanced X1

Postby DesTROYer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:27 pm

While I am now 96% recovered from my pre-christmas illness, I am still spending the last couple of days of the year sitting in bed or on the couch with my feet up. The down side of this, or so I thought, was that I was not able to get into the office and start my next build. I did sneak off yesterday and saw Rogue One for only the second time, and I came home inspired to watch the next three movies in the saga (ANH, ESB and RotJ). This must have sent subliminal messages to me, as this morning I woke up with an idea and a strong urge. Into the stash I delved and brought out this little kit.
Just under three hours later, I was done.
I wanted more. Back into the stash I dove.
Another two hours later.
As good as they are out of the box and unpainted, I want to paint the up properly. So fun had (They may have flown in formation around my bed) I partially disassembled them in preparation for a painting in the new year.
Great little kits. Perfect for getting your little Star Wars fan into modelling and detail enough to even satisfy this old Imperial Forces Trooper.
DesTROYer

Re: DesTROYers Bandai 1/72 Tie Fighter and Tie Advanced X1

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:19 pm

I wanna get some Star Wars kits at some stage. Great work mate and I'm glad you're feeling better :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:09 am

Nice work Troy, I was also on a Star Wars bent the last dew days, watching a fan recreated 'original' release version of 'STAR WARS' as it was originally released.

The only SW kit I have is a 1/72 XWing, I am looking at grabbing the new Zvezda Star Destroyer
Ray

RayS

Postby DesTROYer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:11 am

RayS wrote:Nice work Troy, I was also on a Star Wars bent the last dew days, watching a fan recreated 'original' release version of 'STAR WARS' as it was originally released.

The only SW kit I have is a 1/72 XWing, I am looking at grabbing the new Zvezda Star Destroyer

Ray, I will send you a copy if you'd like, but there is a project going around called Star Wars: Revisited. It's done by a guy who goes by the name of Adywan.

A few years ago, gathering original copies of the the original Star Wars, he went through and digitally remaster them himself, fixing continuity errors, taking audio tracks from the audio plays and even reshooting some parts (its amazing what he has done) and releasing it free to anyone who has a bought copy of the movies. He is currently working one Empire Strikes back and the work he is doing is blowing people away. If you're on Facebook, you can check out his work here https://www.facebook.com/swrevisited/ or here on his Wordpress page, where he gives directions on how to download it yourself. https://swrevisited.wordpress.com

Here is a video link to a comparison of the blurry and his work. https://www.facebook.com/swrevisited/videos/1444286452253599/
DesTROYer

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:19 pm

That's epic Troy :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Works in Progress