Accurate Airliners F-28

Show us what's on the bench

Accurate Airliners F-28

Postby F-27pax » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 am

This is more by way of a four line review of the F-rsin and Accurate Airliners F-28 Kits. If you can afford the price of the Accurate Airliners kits they are worth the money for their ease of assembly and accuracy. If the asking price for that kit is too much for your pocket the F-Rsin one is quite acceptable, but really a lot more work to get looking reasonable. Here is the Accurate F-28-4000 almost ready for its first coat of paint after only a couple of hours work. Getting the Frsin kit to this stage took much longer and involved a lot more stress.

F-27pax

Re: Accurate Airliners F-28

Postby Graeme H » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 am

Liking what i'm seeing Leigh, I have both in stock, so watching with much interest
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby F-27pax » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:21 am

My advice, Graeme, is to find a happy home for the Frsin kits because you'll be tempted to try to make them one of these days. Leave that trial to somebody else.

So, here we are on day three of this build. The full coat of primer revealed a few blemishes that I can take care of later today and it will be off to the paint shop tomorrow. The only problem was the little etched metal links for the main undercarriage legs which were so tiny that the carpet monster eventually ate them. I defy anyone but the most fastidious with a magnifying glass to notice that they are missing.

F-27pax

Postby Graeme H » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:37 am

Well now that you have told us about the missing bits, of course we are going to mention that they are missing, it's just what we do :P
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby F-27pax » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 am

It seems that the modelling gods don't want me to make the perfect F-28 model. Last night, with everything done and ready for the paint shop, I took the model for a final rinse just to get rid of any residual dust, and when I finished I found one of the wing fences and one of the undercarriage legs were missing. Bugger! to put it mildly. These problems are not unsurmountable but I think I'll put this model to the back of the shelf for a few days and go and make a model of something that BLOWS THINGS UP!

F-27pax

Postby Graeme H » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Bugger
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby F-27pax » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:40 pm

I gave up waiting for this problem to solve itself so I had to do it. The undercarriage legs are not from the F-rsin kit so that will be finished if a flying model one of these days. The replacement wing fence is the usual slot and card replacement. It could have worse. And here we are back from the paint shop with the coat of Tamiya white primer.

F-27pax

Return to Member's Works in Progress