American Eagle ATR-72 1/144

Show us what's on the bench

Re: American Eagle ATR-72 1/144

Postby TheChronicOne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:55 am

OK, the engines are one and I'd say the PSR is 95% done. There was a spot that caved in on the other side of the fuselage that is sunken in and will need to be levelled off with more putty but otherwise it's pretty good and once I can get the last %5 of PSR done I can prime it again and start getting the appliance white epoxy sprayed on. The entire thing, aside from wing spars maybe, is painted white. there's usually grey sections, nmf, etc down on the underside with airliners but not this one.

Anyway, here she is all one color and all together finally! Nothing left to glue on aside from gear, gear doors, and the props.

:P
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Graeme H » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 am

Getting there
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby TheChronicOne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Sure enough!! I was convinced I had a lot more to go on this one. I do.... when it gets to the transfers... but for now I've entered into a phase of the build that moves along rapidly, comparatively, so I'm beginning to be lulled into a sense of being close to finishing it. As usual, though, it seems like the closer to the finish the longer the build is. I know there's still things to do with the paint and stuff like intakes and small details as well. Back to the decals, they're from Nazca and will all need to be precisely trimmed right down to the decoration so all that will be a pain in the ass, of course.

But, it sure feels good to have it together and most PSR out of the way!!! I have to admit that PSR is NOT my favorite part of a build! :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:15 pm

As I said on FB Brad, great work mate. Coming along nicely :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:56 pm

I've still been chuggin away at this one. It's down to trying to perfect the overall smoothness and finish of the fuselage.

Multiple rounds of PSR have passed.

These are the most recent pictures. They are about a week old, however, and much more refinement has been done. I'm about 3 rounds of PSR away from being able to spray this with white appliance epoxy! :P :)
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:01 am

Finally done with the PSR! I am currently putting putting on the appliance white. I should be able to do that today. I've already done half of it.

It's time to work on the landing gear before I get carried away. It would be fun to jump right into putting the decals on but I'd rather at least get the gear started so that I'm not staring down a bunch of tedium when I'd rather be getting ready to take pictures of the finished build. So, that will be next. I need to finish up my BAC-111 first, though, so no telling when I'll get to this but I at least want to get the rest of the white sprayed today.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby F-27pax » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Congratulations on getting this far with such a fine looking model. While I like the F-Rsin resin kits I have a lot of trouble with their injection moulded kits. Still, they are the only game in town most of the time so mustn't grumble.
F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Great work mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Nice finish on the white Brad.
Ray

RayS

Postby TheChronicOne » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks y'all!

The level of work involved is staggering. I've never faced down such a sheer magnitude of work load on a kit but it's all worth it. I have to hand it to Laurent for putting these out and I have a couple more, actually. I have both the Convairs 880 and 990 so look for those in the future. (Probably not the near future, though!!) For sure F-RSIN is the place to go for a decent number of aircraft that just can't be had anywhere else. I plan to pick up more, in fact. 8-)

The picture isn't that great, but, doesn't lie; the finish truly is nice (for now, I still haven't finished it, I ran out of time the other night). I used white appliance epoxy and that stuff is great!! I'm pretty surprised because I've been known to turn out some very shithouse results especially using rattle cans. Of course, there was a ton of work involved sanding ahead of it but... well, that hasn't stopped me from butchering things in the past! :lol: :lol: :lol: Knock on wood, let's hope my luck holds and the rest of it goes on well. If it does, it's just a matter of doing detail painting, decals, and the fiddly bits.

Thanks for following along!! It's really neat working on something that is a pet build for me, but also something that is interesting for others to see. :D
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

PreviousNext

Return to Member's Works in Progress