1/72 Scale Airport Vehicles and Staff

Show us what's on the bench

Re: 1/72 Scale Airport Vehicles and Staff

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 pm

hrtpaul wrote:I thought there was a very uncanny likeness except she doesn't have a man bun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's under her hat..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Ansett A330 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Graeme H wrote:Always thought it was closest to the Renault JN85, but as fuel tankers go quite small, my thinking was small turboprops etc

Yes looks close to the JN85 but then I saw this :

which is a Renault TRM 2000.

More info and detailed photos here :

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_TRM_2000

http://www.framery.fr/citerne/392-renau ... terne.html
Ansett A330

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:I thought there was a very uncanny likeness except she doesn't have a man bun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's under her hat..

We better get back on topic Damo. We don't Capt Man Bun to get his knickers in a twist :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby TheChronicOne » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Fascinating. Thanks! Hell, to me, the TRM2000 just looks like a beefier, taller RN 85. Could just be down to one being commercial or consumer grade and one being military grade.

Manbun, indeed...

I've primered the parts and will be painting interiors tomorrow then I'll brush paint the blue, gloss, and decal. Then, I'll snap all this jive malarkey together and hopefully have a fuel truck by the end of the day. This is being said, however, facing down one hell of a day at work tomorrow so between that and all the running of errands I might be sluggish, lazy, and lethargic by the end of it all. :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm done with the fuel truck, but I need to take better pictures. To illustrate my point, let's compare one picture with flash and one without:

Fascinating how all that goes..... the darker one is truer to color. There are numerous other factors affecting the outcome but just messing with those two produced such a differing result.

Anyway!! I'm rather please with the truck.. it came out well. I don't feel like I've built a model, however. This was, as I said, like a toy and when I finally got to the end construction it was just a matter of snapping it together. I did the best I could, however, to MAKE it like a model by primering and painting it and of course applying the water-slides.

I'll try to get better pictures later, but these will do for now I guess. 1/72 Fuel Truck 8-)

Good enough for now... I WOULD say this is my first automobile model since way back in the early 90s but like I said, this stuff ain't no model kit. It's neat, but no model kit.

(but, I'm very happy to have them...... :)
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:11 pm

I finished that fire truck over a month ago. There's one more vehicle in the set and I'll get to it eventually!

The overall plan is to make all kinds of ground support stuff for my 1/72 builds. I'll do the same for 1/144 of course.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress