Cessna 195 on floats

Show us what's on the bench

Re: Cessna 195 on floats

Postby Ansett A330 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Hey Uros if you do something like this again how about someone on the shore fishing and someone else chucking what they've caught on the Barbie (complete with "smoke" effect of course)?
Ansett A330

Postby Graeme H » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:29 am

well it's looks great on my monitor, and bravo on your fishies really add interest
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby TheChronicOne » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:
TheChronicOne wrote::D I love the lil fishies. :P

Oh fishy fishy fishy feeesh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QanC47gRBaE

:lol: :lol:

Can't beat it.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:46 am

Brilliant work mate and I love the fish. I showed my little man and he was blown away by the fish in the water :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Uros » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:07 am

Ansett A330 wrote:
Uros wrote:Then came the time to pour some water. I knew somethidg would go wrong and I was right. First two pours were ok and dried with no problems. Third one, top one, didn't. I have no idea what went wrong. I used something called cold glaze. Its two parts epoxy and i'm sure I mixed it right. ...

... I'm not happy with how this is going, but it's not that bad for doing "water" for the first time. I have plenty more models to practice.

Haven't heard of "Cold Glaze" but are you sure it's an epoxy and not a Polyester Resin?

The only thing that I can think of is what were your timings between pours? The reason I ask this is when you are "layering" different pours it pays to be almost exponential in allowing extra time between pours. For example If you made the second pour three days after the first pour the third pour should be like seven days after the second pour.

Another factor could have been the atmosphere at the times of mixing. Were there any major differences in humidity?

The only other thing I can think of is that if you only added the tint to the third pour it reacted with it changing the curing process. Do you know the chemical details of the tint?

Other that that where is "Cold Glaze" made? if it's anything like some of the Chinese made Epoxys their QC is so variable sometimes they set but a lot of times they don't. If the Chinese weapons systems are anything like their products the Yanks won't have much to worry about half of the time in any armed confrontation!

Thanks everyone!

It might be resin. I don't have the packaging anymore. I do know it's made in Germany, so quality should be ok. I guess I didn't wait long enought for it to dry. I poured it in three days alowing one day drying time betwen pours. Last pour was a bit thicker too. I'll get some resin nex time.

I am overanalyzig it, so I'm movig on. I have to add some small details and this one should be finished. Than I will continue with a B737.
Last edited by Uros on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby Uros » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:08 am

Ansett A330 wrote:
TheChronicOne wrote::D I love the lil fishies. :P

Oh fishy fishy fishy feeesh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QanC47gRBaE

:lol: good one!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby Uros » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:09 am

Ansett A330 wrote:Hey Uros if you do something like this again how about someone on the shore fishing and someone else chucking what they've caught on the Barbie (complete with "smoke" effect of course)?

I'll be doing this again for sure and this is not a bad idea!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:26 pm

Just tremendous work there Uros - very entertaining as well. I almost feel like throwing in a line to get those three salmon! :-)
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Uros » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:47 am

Thank you!
For those interested... Water is solid now, looks like it just needed more time.
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress