Show us what's on the bench

Re: Challenge Build 737-268C - AIR SAUDIA -

Postby RayS » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:47 am

Nice to see it finished Brad, looks fabulous
Ray

RayS

Postby TheChronicOne » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Thanks, y'all! So nice to have this completed. This build is 100% born of this board and this community. The idea and motivation all originated here. Everything done was a direct result of joining up and being right here. Homegrown! I think that's pretty cool. I've only been at the airliner model building for about 3 years and thinking back... I never could have imagined doing things other than military aircraft or some Star Trek starship. Now.... airliner model stuff and just general enthusiasm for them, the history, stories, people that operate and maintain, them.. on and on are a top hobby. I would have never guessed all this would wind up this way 5 years ago.

On to the next... I spoke about the Dan Cooper 727 in flight thing but my next actual project for airliners will be an old school USPS 727-100. I adore the 727... so many of my efforts in the past have been of the mind to "get better by practicing on this" (boy did all that turn out to be wrong; just because the subject is smaller doesn't mean the difficulty of building it will be!!!!!) leading up to making a really nice looking 727. So, I figure, it's about time I get on with it and build one.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Fuzznoggin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:12 pm

Some very nice work !!
Current Build - Aurora 737 refurbishing to JANET Airlines
Fuzznoggin

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:12 am

Thanks, fuzz!!!! Ready to kick up some dirt with it... I don't think I'll be doing any ground kit stuff again any time soon, however. YEESH . :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress