Challenge Build 737-268C - AIR SAUDIA -

Show us what's on the bench

Re: Challenge Build 737-200 - AIR SAUDIA -

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Coming along nicely mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby TheChronicOne » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:20 am

Thanks!!

Ran into a bit of a hiccup all of a sudden. I'm trying to figure out some things here.... I'd LIKE to put a gravel kit on my airplane here, but, I'm wondering... with Saudia, were the 737s with gravel kits (and from what I can gather, ALL of them did have the kits..) ALSO the advanced models or did regular stock 200s have them? So, if I need to upgrade mine to ADV, what do I do? It's just matter of upgraded engines, right? So, who sells them? Also, who sells 1/144 gravel kits? I heard once before months ago that someone put out gravel kits in 1/144 but are defunct now.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Graeme H » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:17 pm

I think you could easily scratchbuild the Intake Vortex dissaptors, the nosewheel gravel kit seems very uncommon on Saudia 737, which are all Advanced versions, so need some engines
The best are the Authentic airlines ones, but showing unavailable at the moment, maybe send an email and check if due soon

https://www.authentic-airliners.de/epag ... ts/A144-05

The alternative are the Braz ones, which some consider to be a bit short

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BZ4003
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:24 am

Hell yeah, there we go. Thanks, bud!!!!

That was one thing I noticed about them in all the pictures I was looking at; while all equipped with the package, not many actually had the deflector plate on the nose gear. Makes sense, I wouldn't stick that thing on, either, until I knew I was sending my 737 into a place that warranted it. I think it's absolutely cool so I want it on mine.... I kind of like the thought of such a pretty painted shiny aircraft touching down at an oilfield or strip mine somewhere in the dessert on some dirt road looking runway. :) :)
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:36 am

Chugging along now!! PSR on the fuselage is nearly done. I've started masking the wings.

After that I primed it again:

The landing gear are all done.

The gear doors, however, are primed but still need to be painted.

The engines are glued together but I still need to sand away the seams and prime/paint them.

So that's that.... shouldn't be long before I can start painting the fuselage. This will be interesting... going to be some masking shenanigans because there are patches and areas of Boeing grey in the midst of NMF on the belly.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:55 am

I have been working on the 737. It's not bad really!! Needs sanding on the window areas because they look rough... like... they're not sunken in any more aside from one or two but the area where they are has a rough finish and doesn't match up with the rest of fuselage. One of the doors appears to still be a bit sunken in so I'll work on that but the roof SPLIT. I was worried about that because the last time I was sanding I heard it crack.... sure enough.. it busted so I had to re glue it so there goes a few more rounds of PSR added to this thing. I'll learn one of these days to not be squeezing the stuff so much when I sand. I don't know me own strength apparently! Also, I've been painting the wings. Boeing grey is on. Looking at my reference pictures, though, shows one little patch outboard that is a different shade of grey and then the outboard aileron I guess is painted NMF I think...

Not much progress, but, progress all the same! :mrgreen:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:33 am

Don't forget this drawing if it's of any help :

Ansett A330

Postby TheChronicOne » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:13 am

Ta!! That's fantastic.

I should create a book that is nothing but reference photos from directly above aircraft and make a killing. :lol: :lol: This is happened more than once... it's just more difficult tracking down overhead pictures.

While you're here, I sent that stuff out Monday. 1st class would have been over $50, so, for about half that I went with the next option but they said it could take UP TO A MONTH to get there. I guess freight by sea or whatever... so uhhh.... it might not be there for awhile. :lol: I really doubt it'll be that long but who knows. :mrgreen:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 pm

TheChronicOne wrote:While you're here, I sent that stuff out Monday. 1st class would have been over $50, so, for about half that I went with the next option but they said it could take UP TO A MONTH to get there. I guess freight by sea or whatever... so uhhh.... it might not be there for awhile. :lol: I really doubt it'll be that long but who knows. :mrgreen:

Thanks for that - let me know how much I owe you. Yeah $US50 is about a Trillion Pacific Pesos at the current exchange rate so thanks for keeping it down. Not in any hurry for the Kit and Boxes so slow boat to Oz is OK.

I've packaged up the "Little Fokker" and will send it off next chance I get to go to the Post Office (not my favourite place at the moment for obvious reasons!).

By the way with this Challenge Build we should pass the Hat around to help You and Uros send your Kits down for the Model Expo in Melbourne as if an unbuilt Kit is fairly exxy to send a built one safely packaged will be even more exxy. What do People reckon?
Ansett A330

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:14 am

Ah hell, I ain't worried about it. My check finally showed up. If it makes you feel any better, just toss any unwanted crap in with the Fokker and we'll call it good. :lol:

As far as the other, that would be a good idea. Most likely would be constructing some wooden frame sort of thing for it so it would not only be large but heavier and there's no way I could justify it. Then again, it's hard to ask other to justify it as well. Then again, there are ways to cheat such as not gluing the wings on but that could cause the overall quality of the finished build to suffer if the wings don't sit and stay nice and flush whilst temporarily attached. All things to be considered in the coming weeks I guess. Seems like y'all just had the expo but now it also seems as if it's right around the corner again! :o
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

PreviousNext

Return to Member's Works in Progress