Boeing 737-200, Challenge Build - Aviatsa

Show us what's on the bench

Boeing 737-200, Challenge Build - Aviatsa

Postby Uros » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:23 am

After finishing my cessna, this one is back on the bench. I'm not sure how far I will take this, but I will try to correct some problems with this kit.
I started with filling windows, and made new wheel wells. I'll put some details in them later.
Fuselage halves were glued together and I started with reshaping of the nose. This is where I'm at at the moment. I think it needs a bit more reshaping. Your thoughts on this are welcome.

Thanks for looking in!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Re: Boeing 737-200, Challenge Build - Aviatsa

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Pics aren't showing up for me Uros :(
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:47 pm

not for me either

Edit: Seeing them now
Last edited by RayS on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray

RayS

Postby Ansett A330 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Uros wrote:Fuselage halves were glued together and I started with reshaping of the nose. This is where I'm at at the moment. I think it needs a bit more reshaping. Your thoughts on this are welcome.

I am sort of following what Viking had done by widening it but I am reshaping it to the Profile I found on line compared with him replacing the Cockpit area with a Daco transparency.

After seeing those Fish come alive I'm sure you won't have any problem kicking the Airfix Nose and Cockpit into the right shape!
Ansett A330

Postby RayS » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:22 am

I am seeing the images now. The nose looks pretty good.

Mine it is not that far along so I might go back and do some reshaping of the nose myself.
Ray

RayS

Postby Uros » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:51 am

Don't know what was wrong with images... Maybe photobucket had it's moment.

I am done with nose reshaping. I'm happy with how it looks and I don't think I can get it any closer. This is much more dificoult than I thought :lol: . When sanding I came through the plastic and nose looked like it had a bird strike. I filled it with green stuf an sanded.
[img]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w464/uroskovac/Boeing%20737-200/20181113_213708_zps0o7cxvfp.jpg[/img
I didn't like the look of ruder so I cut it of and reshaped.
There is a strong chance I will do the same with all control surfaces and position flaps in take of position.
Fixed airscoops too.
The I spryed a coat of Tamiya white primer.
I need to smothen out the surface but I think it looks acceptable.

Thank you for looking in!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby Ansett A330 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:08 am

Another Uros Master Class!

Uros wrote:There is a strong chance I will do the same with all control surfaces and position flaps in take of position.
Fixed airscoops too.

Ah I was wondering how to "slot" the NACA Ducts! So you "cut" and then "cover" with a strip to give the "tunnel"?

Looking forward to seeing the Control Surfaces as that Kit Wing does look pretty ordinary/bland (although it does look accurate) as moulded by Airfix and the Horizontal Tail Surfaces I reckon need to show the "radius" on which they rotate so be interested to see how you are going to do that.
Ansett A330

Postby Uros » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:45 am

Ansett A330 wrote:Another Uros Master Class!

Uros wrote:There is a strong chance I will do the same with all control surfaces and position flaps in take of position.
Fixed airscoops too.

Ah I was wondering how to "slot" the NACA Ducts! So you "cut" and then "cover" with a strip to give the "tunnel"?

Looking forward to seeing the Control Surfaces as that Kit Wing does look pretty ordinary/bland (although it does look accurate) as moulded by Airfix and the Horizontal Tail Surfaces I reckon need to show the "radius" on which they rotate so be interested to see how you are going to do that.

Actualy I didn't cut it. Just glued a strip to the back of it and sanded to shape. I wanted to see how they look like under primer. They might be to short now so I need to check some reference photos. The one on the tail is holowed out with a scalpel.
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 pm

I love the look of this man :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Uros » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:07 am

A bit of progress. I did some detailing in the wheel wells. I know there are a lot more wires on the real thing :)

That is all I have for now.

Thanks for looking in!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Next

Return to Member's Works in Progress