AN-12BKM Civilian Gunship

Show us what's on the bench

Re: AN-12BKM Civilian Gunship

Postby TheChronicOne » Thu May 30, 2019 5:30 am

I've gotten a lot more work done on this one recently. A couple miles worth of masking......... here she is now:

The custom masked "A" logo:

At this point, I'm painting on the silver for the de icers then well let that dry a spell then mask those areas off then I can paint it white. Should be done masking and painting at that point. All that will be left are detail painting... things like insides of inlets, exhaust tips, and all that jive.

Things I still need to adress:

Do I want to spell out the company name (Avalancer) on the side? I have letter decals but they are pretty "plain" Navy lettering and I would have to do them individually. The other option is to just leave it blank perhaps for leasing purposes sort of how airliners do these days with the big Euro-white fuselage malarkey.

Need to come up with an N-Number. I think I have some somewhere that came from an HK-1 Hercules... might just use them as they're ready-made and in one piece. I need to find them........ I THINK one or two of them might have been fictional -after all, only one was built.... (I could be remembering this wrong, as well....)

So anyway... there's that. Shouldn't be too awfully long before this one is done and flying around blasting at mountain sides.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Graeme H » Fri May 31, 2019 9:41 am

Those are serious holes in the fuselage, would be very breezy working in there loading those cannons
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby TheChronicOne » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:34 am

They'll definitely be wanting to wear Arctic gear while in the back of that thing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Ansett A330 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 pm

TheChronicOne wrote:They'll definitely be wanting to wear Arctic gear while in the back of that thing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes saw the Crew in the line the other weekend when Aldi had their Snow Gear Sale.
Ansett A330

Postby TheChronicOne » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Success!!

As predicted, there were some mishaps with some of the de-icing but I can fix that in the detail/touch-up phase. The rest was working quite well aside from a lip being left over in numerous areas after the tape was removed. I used a toothpick as a "rolling-pin."

It worked quite well in all areas but a couple places that had extra time to dry. In that case, I just hold the toothpick steady and rub it back and forth like an eraser and it burnishes the edge down pretty well.

So anyway, the rest turned out quite well.

More to come.. I can't wait to get the detail painting done. All the wing tips will be red and then there's stuff like the intakes. Then, the props will come later.... they're blue with green spinners.. the colors are so nice!
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:05 am

All done!

This one was a blast!! Eastern Express kit was fraught with terrible fitment but the project was endearing to me and it didn't affect my mood about it much. What fun!! I'm very happy with this one... :mrgreen:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am

That looks very cool man. That's 1 way to deal with traffic offences :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:52 pm

:lol:

Hell yeah, "Fire for effect!" :x :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby Ansett A330 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Very cool and very good work.

When you look at footage like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKqe-h-b5Jw

when the 150mm s are shown they have a surprisingly small almost non existent recoil so mounting them in an Aircraft like this seems more than possible.
Ansett A330

Postby Graeme H » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:31 pm

well done that man, and into service this coming winter
Graeme
Graeme H

PreviousNext

Return to Member's Works in Progress