1/144 Lockheed L-1011 Tristar, - PSA -

Show us what's on the bench

Re: 1/144 Lockheed L-1011 Tristar, - PSA -

Postby TheChronicOne » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Quite a bit more done on this one. Tedious masking around the tailplanes and the diamond thingy back there then I masked to create the portion of the cheatline (or continuation of the white upper fuselage, whatever you want it to be.....) then I masked and used Molotow Chrome Pen for the anti-icer on #2 intake. I can definitely say I'm a fan! I would like to know how it reacts to being cleared over, though. Won't be happening on this one... this stuff up here is all done now and I'm pretty sure i'll leave it all masked until all the lower fuselage and wing painting and decalling is done.

I've also done other things like detail painting and and working on #2 exhaust such as masking around it and stuff.... also painting more on the outboard engines... I'm not exactly happy with them so I'm doing what I can to try to add some interest to them. Thankfully, I have the glorious Nazca detail set so that will help with the engines especially.

So that's that for now!

-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Re: 1/144 Lockheed L-1011 Tristar, - PSA -

Postby TheChronicOne » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:56 am

Bottom has been masked and painted and unmasked. It didn't turn out the best but I can fix most of the problems I think. This paint scheme and masking is slightly beyond my capabilities so I figured I'd screw it up some but It's not so bad that I can't use it. I'll burnish the edges and take spirits and clean up where things bled or didn't curve right and hopefully that will get her ship shape again. One thing I can't do is put any NMF back so I'll have to be careful near those areas.

-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress