"Airport 79 the Concorde": the Star in 1:100th

Show us what's on the bench

"Airport 79 the Concorde": the Star in 1:100th

Postby tor lives » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm

OK folks,
Well I have decided what my first model for next year's Model Expo A/CAM display will be.
Some of you may remember from AMI, the Concorde rebuild I was undertaking last year following an unfortunate "crash" in the model room. The kit is the original Entex 1:100 Concorde and she was planned to be a Qantas WIF, but I have decided that, since her rebuild is so advanced and I already have a 1:100 Qantas Concorde, she will now represent the
Federation World Airways Concorde featured in the movie "Airport 79 the Concorde".
She is just about ready for her white paint and I have had a custom decals prepared for her

Where she is up to in the rebuild

the custom decals for her "Airport 79" make-up

shots of her as she appeared in the movie

The more observant amongst you will notice two things:
1/ the kit represents a prototype aircraft, as opposed to production standard, (something I will just have to live with).
and
2/ the irony of the fact that the aircraft used in the movie (F-BTSC) was unfortunately the same aircraft that crashed in Paris...which of course was the beginning of the end for Concorde :( . This build is sort of my own personal tribute to F-BTSC and her crew and passengers. Long live the mighty, the magnificent, the phenomenal Concorde!!!
TOR
PS: Just for good measure....the afore-mentioned 1:100 Qantas Concorde

tor lives

Re: "Airport 79 the Concorde": the Star in 1:100th

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Looking good young fella :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Works in Progress