Fisher RB-51 Group Build

Show us what's on the bench

Fisher RB-51 Group Build

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:31 am

Alrighty then, I'm getting in early to start this topic for those with this amazing kit. Feel free to post if you like - not compulsory! I've made very little progress so far other than starting to clean up some parts and test fit. I've purchased some wood grain decals for the cockpit floor (plywood) and bought some Barracuda P-51 wheel hubs so I can use the brake hubs - which appear to be missing from the Fisher wheels. This will require a little surgery, but pretty straight forward fix. Better/smarter modellers will scratch build these I'm guessing. Being a semi-lazy modeller, I look for every short cut I can find!

Actual cockpit photo.

Note brake hub - missing on Fisher wheels

Panel fasteners I'm still thinking of how to replicate these. Thought about purchasing micro ones (watch components), but these will be too big. I have silver rivet decals, or could make from fuse wire potentially. Hmm, more thinking to do in this regard!
Adam the Akrodude

Re: Fisher RB-51 Group Build

Postby tor lives » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Ahhhhhh.....bloody hell Adam, I don't have enough hours in the day as it is at the moment. Will you stop tempting and distracting me with all this good stuff!!! :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Dude, you built this site and we came. Your fault! It's like an addict living in a heroin processing plant here! AAAHHHH, I'm comfortably numb!

We must doubt our efforts and buy and build more!!!! It's the market economy at work. Your site inspires, we buy and build more, model companies and smaller resin and decal cottage industries prosper - win win all around! It's all good! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:00 pm

i need to perfect glossy finish's before i tackle mine but 'll be following very closely how this build goes.
oz rb fan

Return to Member's Works in Progress