Ferrari Racing Macchi C.202 WIF

Show us what's on the bench

Ferrari Racing Macchi C.202 WIF

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Ok guys. I'm actually gonna start this now before I head to TSV weekend after next. I have everything I need for this build which has cost a small fortune to collect all the required items. This is a pic that I want to represent though mine will be a Macchi C.202 instead if a Fiat G.55

And this is all the assembled stash

I was unable to find a suitable car racing seat so I'll be modifying the kit one. I also couldn't find a car racing helmet so I'll use a USAF helmet, painted red of course ;) I will however be keeping the guns for when I need to shoot down that whinging little bitch Vettel :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'll keep ya's posted :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Ferrari Racing Macchi C.202 WIF

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:49 pm

The resin interior set all washed and drying. I've never used a resin cockpit set before. I only really wanted the fwd wheel well plug (lower R/H corner) from this set but I thought I may as well use the rest of the set. If it turns to crap I'll just use the kit cockpit as that's not too bad :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 pm

I reckon this one is going to be a ball-tearer mate!!!!
I am really keen to see how she turns out.
Reckon she would fit right into the Shell Air Racing team with those big Shell logos on her!!!!!
TOR
PS: don't forget to bring back that stunning pink Mustang of yours that was accidentally dropped from the site.
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks mate. I'll try to get onto the pink Mustang ASAP. Just been so busy with the current lot I'd forgot all about it :)
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:40 am

A bit of an update. The cockpit is coming along and it's going ok so far for a first timer. The cockpit will be overall light grey with detail painting c/out. Here are some pics of the wheel well plug that fills a big hole that is in the kit. It's been painted as if this were a modern racer hence the white wheel well. It looks better form a distance than close up LOL

Before a wash
After a wash
Installed in the wing
hrtpaul

Postby Ericg » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:57 am

Good work Paul.

In my opinion, that part could do with a bit more wash applied.

Eric
Ericg

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Ta mate. I was thinking the same thing. I thought I'd see what it looked like with it on the wing first. I might throw some darker wash in there me thinks :)
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Looking really good Paul!!
I wouldn't over-do the wash cause, if you have seen those Reno Racers, they are usually kept immaculate inside and out.
Just noticed the racing number of the aircraft......none other than that of the King of the Mountain himself!!! :D
Maybe a small HDT logo on the side of the aircraft as a subtle nod to Brocky :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Yeah I agree I don't want it to be too dirty. Just a little more should do the trick. I did think of a small tribute to my hero. Just gotta find something small enough :)
hrtpaul

Postby Ericg » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:40 am

Gents,

Don't think of the wash as dirtying it up, think of it as shadowing and depth.

Eric
Ericg

Next

Return to Member's Works in Progress