Italeri 1/48 Hawker Hurricane

Show us what's on the bench

Italeri 1/48 Hawker Hurricane

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:38 pm

It's OK civvie nerds. This isn't a military Hurricane :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: It's a WIP at the moment that I hope to have finished before I go back to TVL Sunday week. This is what I'm hoping it will look like

It's the Italeri 1/48 Mk1 kit and it's not too bad. Though for a new tool kit, there's quite a lot of flash and the fit is ok. Lots of detail in it but I'm not a big fan of the crap engine. I'm using DamoDecs for the rego and the kit stencils. These pics are just before I put the first shade of Alclad tonight.

Here's some pics with the first shade of Alclad on
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Italeri 1/48 Hawker Hurricane

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:11 pm

You know I'm just itchin' to see this one done!
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Capt NG » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:51 am

Yeah got a few Hurricanes in here stash.. I'm always keen to see these get built.. Nice one Paul.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby Knotty » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:42 am

Looking good so far Paul , keep us updated mate .
Knotty

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:24 am

Ta guys. Today I'm gonna polish the cowls so the plastic is smooth as and then I'll mask them so I can spray the next shade. I'll paint the cowls last in polished aluminium Alclad so I don't have to get tape on them once they're all shiny :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 am

That's pretty dam impressive Paul......and perfectly sums up the unique nature and flavour of this site :D
Good one!!!
Ray
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Another update. Masked up for the next shade which was airframe aluminium. Apparently I had a bit of overspray which means the finish on the wings isn't as nice as I'd like but you get that. This is before and after the second shade :)
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Mmmmmmmm....shiny!
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Once again my photography hides a multitude of sins. I just hope I don't screw the shiny cowls up or I'll chuck a huge tanty LOL
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 am

Another update on the Hurricane. I pulled the masking tape off from the second shade of Alclad and damn I love this shit. It's exactly the way I wanted it to look at this stage. Here it is .......

So now it was time to mask it up for the shiny Alclad. This was done but I had to remask the front windscreen and that's when I discovered this :evil:
Apparently Alclad doesn't stick to Humbrol enamel very well. It's happened on the fuselage a bit too. I've masked it up again and just sprayed Alclad black primer for the shiny biys. Hopefully once this is dry I can go back and touch the windscreen/fuselage up. Does anyone know if I can just hit the affected areas with the black primer over the top of the Humbrol then Alclad over the top of the lot? I'm fast running out of time to get this finished before I go back to TVL this Sunday. I have 2 weeks before expo when I get back so I guess as long as the painting is done, it's just a matter of decals, clear coat and final assembly :)
hrtpaul

Next

Return to Member's Works in Progress