A threesome of Macchis on the production line

Show us what's on the bench

Re: A threesome of Macchis on the production line

Postby tor lives » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:38 pm

AndrewDoppel wrote:Nice picture! How did you come across it at the time?

A mate of mine was a SNCO I/C of a RAAF Photographic section and he discovered that shot and a whole lot of others that had never been seen before.
He got RAAF copyright permission to publish it, so I sent it to Stewart Wilson and, what do ya know, he used it.
In all fairness though the RAAF should have been credited for the photo cause it is theirs .
TOR
tor lives

Postby AndrewDoppel » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:42 am

As you can see the decalling has begun on the second Telstar Macchi and Roulettes Macchi. Unfortunately, the nose numbers for the Roulette Macchi are too tall by 3mm and the orange under the nose needs to be lowered a little (refer bottom image). No biggy for the re-paint on the orange but I'm going to have to get smaller nose numbers made up to replace the Hawkeye ones. The only other issue I have with the paint is somehow I have managed to chip the paint off the underside leading edge of the Telstar Macchi's starboard intake which will need a touch up.
Attachments
DSC_0429.JPG
DSC_0429.JPG (154.67 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSC_0429.2.jpg
DSC_0429.2.jpg (154.72 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby AndrewDoppel » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Thanks to David Edwards who found some suitable nose numbers in his stash that fit the bill, I was able to press on with decalling. Now I just need the pilot name template resized by Noel Barnes and I can just about wrap the Roulettes one up. The Telstar Macchi needs another lighter shooting star overlaid to fix the color. Here's how they look;
Attachments
DSC_0435.JPG
DSC_0435.JPG (186.9 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
DSC_0436.JPG
DSC_0436.JPG (210.75 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress