Chewin' the fat about two Yak's!

Show us what's on the bench

Chewin' the fat about two Yak's!

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 am

Товарищи!

Those Imperialist swine in the decadent West have become fat and lazy with their so called "Shake and Bake" model kits. We of course in the Motherland choose to do things differently with our vastly superior and yet somewhat more challenging range of model kits! We laugh at those lazy modellers who expect parts to fit perfectly with little or no filler! Comrades - we all know what doesn't kill you (particularly in the Gulags!) makes you stronger! Below are two examples of excellent model kits from the Motherland.

1. A-Models 1/48 Yak-52 which will be built to look like the Yak used in that very depraved Western "Hollywood" style Zombie post-apocalypse movie called Resident Evil 4 featuring the rather talented Milla Jovovich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaIhQFDdcJM

Decals will be provided by the legendary товарищ "Damo" of Damo Decals fame. I sourced the artwork from the very person who did the artwork for the movie, which he very kindly provided. товарищ Damo, the Motherland thanks you for you efforts and the Party will reward you for your substantial efforts to date! No potato soup for you in the Gulags товарищ!

2. The second Yak-52 kit is from Neomega in Russia. This is a all resin kit and a total jewel of a kit. Being resin, it is a "challenge" to put together, but the detail is breath-taking. This will be finished as a typical DOSAAF machine, the "para-military" organisation that runs sport flying in the Motherland as a feeder of potential pilots to our glorious Airforce, Navy and Aeroflot.

Completion date will be by Expo 2015 - or I will be sent to the camp where the big doggies are to peal a lot of potatoes!

До свидания , товарищи!
Adam the Akrodude

Re: Chewin' the fat about two Yak's!

Postby DesTROYer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Ochen' khoroshiy tovarishch. Yest' vodka.

Vashe zdorov'ye
DesTROYer

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Spasibo tovarishch!

Na Zdorovie!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby DesTROYer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 pm

davayte ne skazat' do svidaniya, skazhem, uvidimsya pozzhe.
DesTROYer

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Moi zhira mat' -v-zakone golova osla prosto vzorvalsya posle togo kak ya krichala , pytayas' ponyat' vash russkiy !
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Freakin weirdo's :P :P :P :P :P
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 pm

I'll be watching with keen interest.....as long as there's subtitles!
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby AndrewDoppel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 am

Cool! I look forward to seeing what you do to them
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby tor lives » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:07 am

Always interesting watching two of the same type from different manufacturers being built side-by-side.
BTW that is one hot Yak pilot :twisted: and I don't often say that about pilots :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun May 24, 2015 7:32 pm

Bit of progress on the two Yaks in recent times. Why oh why can't I decide to build a kit that just falls together? I guess many of us here fall into this crazy category huh.

Anyhoo, almost finished assembling the A-Models Yak, with the Neomaga Yak pretty well ready to accept paint soon.

Bulk of the work this weekend (thanks very understanding wife!) has been assembling the dreadful A-Models Yak. The instrument panels turned out nicely, but the rest of the cockpit is pretty basic. The Neomega Yak cockpit is stunning and falls together like a Swiss watch by comparison - complicated but perfect. I tend to spend a bit of time on cockpits, as this is the most enjoyable side of aeroplane modelling for me.

"A-Models" Yak

"Neomega" Yak cockpit in cmparison

It's quite a interesting and challenging (for me) process building two very different models of the same aeroplane in the same scale. Both offer different challenges. Now the push is on to get these finished before Expo! :?
Adam the Akrodude

Next

Return to Member's Works in Progress