The Bench end of week 1, 2015

Show us what's on the bench

The Bench end of week 1, 2015

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:00 pm

The Ambassador awaits decals, should have some on this weekend, then a slight wash, bit of weathering, then final construction gear and doors on, props, and oh yeah I have to paint those engines a bit.

Then the Rhodesian Canberra, Dk Earth, Dark Green, Satin Gloss finish with Assegai Roundels on fuselage and top wing is what I am going for, though at the moment it looks as crappy as they did in later years with no markings at all.

Hope to have this done in a week, we'll see.

High Planes Wackett, long term job, I almost binned it today grappling with the canopy, but it is on now, just needs a bit of fairing in, it's going to be a civil example with a sad story. This one is weeks away.

Jet Jackson the Flying Commando Silver Dart is tonking along, also weeks away some decal design required here as well

Am not starting anything else until at least 2 of these are finished
VH-WAL

Re: The Bench end of week 1, 2015

Postby Graeme H » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Those are looking really good, and yes the story of the civil Wackett is very sad indeed
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby F-27pax » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:32 pm

They all look promising. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Ambassador dressed up. Also keen to see how the Wackett looks, this is a kit I've had for some time but haven't felt brave enough to have a go at yet.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Looking great Wally :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi Guys,

Ambassador in the pattern waiting on decals / printer ink, so working on the Rhodie Canberra very disappointing, not turning out the way I wanted, struggling to do better than epic fail., few bits to do, touch ups, aerials, exhausts nav lights, undercarriage and a Satin overcoat, what a stuff up.. seams I was convinced were invisible aren't, they showed up after weathering..( too over the top for the way I wanted to portray it) Indifferent painting, my Revell Dark Earth was very peculiar in application probably all my fault though
VH-WAL

Return to Member's Works in Progress