CAD monkey stuff

Show us what's on the bench

Re: CAD monkey stuff

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Lookin' mighty sharp there Cap'n!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby DesTROYer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:12 am

Great to see you made some progress after I left on Sunday. Good meeting you.
DesTROYer

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:07 am

DesTROYer wrote:Great to see you made some progress after I left on Sunday. Good meeting you.

Thanks mate. Good to meet you too.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sun May 24, 2015 12:01 pm

Last week I had a surprise-ish (she told me about it a couple of weeks ago) visit from my lady friend (who lives in Perth..). While we did some fun stuff - like go to the MCG and watch Collingwood get beaten by Richmond...I didn't care that Richmond won, it was just great that Collingwood lost! - we also spent some time re-organising my house and generally having a clean out. The result of this is that my modelling area was rearranged to make it much more user-friendly, and I was able to set up a separate painting area rather than having to put the booth on my desk every time I wanted to paint something.
Anyhow, I've been more enthused about gluing plastic together than I have been in ages.
So, I've made a little progress on the Super Cub. Also started another model, but that's for another thread..
The fuselage was primed, and I masked and sprayed the inside framing of the canopy and side windows. The glazing over the cockpit was sprayed with clear green, as per my reference photos..

The rear side windows are the curved type, and only extend to approximately the trailing edge of the wing. I made a template out of plastic sheet to ensure consistency, and cut masks from tape for both the inside and the outside. The inside painting has been done, but I'm going to glue all the windows in before painting the outside.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Sun May 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Looking good old boy :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress