1/72 Civvie Airfix Spitfire Mk IXc #2

Show us what's on the bench

Re: 1/72 Civvie Airfix Spitfire Mk IXc #2

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 am

Thanks boys. Looking forward to finishing it and get started on an AZ Model MkIXc :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Finally an update for this beasty. Because I was using a Tamiya spray bomb, the paint didn't go in the panel lines so I was left with a nice blue Spit with white panel lines. Fast forward to a few days ago and I decanted some the Tamiya spray bomb paint and sprayed the panel lines with the airbrush which worked well. Today while I was waiting for the Tiger Moth I thought I'd smash the decals on this. The AZ Model decals were a dream to use. Even the long 2 part stripe was fairly easy to apply. I've just noticed I'll need to paint some wing walks later. So probably Monday it'll get a clear coat, followed by the wing walks, flat coating the anti glare panel and a few touch ups. I reckon I'll have this finished by the end of next week :)

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:55 pm

hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress