1/72 Civvie Airfix Spitfire Mk IXc #2

Show us what's on the bench

1/72 Civvie Airfix Spitfire Mk IXc #2

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi again peeps. Well having finished the last civvie Spitfire I'm all keen to start the next one. This be it Image I'm gonna hold off starting this though till I get back to TSV in 2 1/2 weeks. I'll be using, hopefully another Airfix kit for this one. I just have to make sure the anti glare panel decal will fit around the Airfix windscreen as I'm using the decals from the AZ Model kit. If not it'll be off to Redroo for another AZ Model MkIX Spitty :)

Just looking at this pic, it appears the AZ Model instructions are incorrect regarding the removal of the upper wing cannon bulges. I just checked pick of OO-ARE and it too has the bulges. So therefore I actually got that aircraft right. Gotta love that. This will make for less filling and sanding as all 4 schemes in this kit are the same plane at different stages in it's life. Anyways I'll post progress shots when I start :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: 1/72 Civvie Airfix Spitfire Mk IXc #2

Postby RayS » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:36 pm

This should be another nice one Paul. Who's colours do the instructions refer to?
Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Looks like Paul = 1 and AZ Models = 0 where cannon bulges are concerned :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Ray they're Humbrol colours. Though I reckon #52 Baltic Blue is too dark plus it's metallic compared to the colour pic. I've got a few colour blues so I'll pick one that I like and looks close enough :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Almost looks like Humbrol French Blue...perhaps a tad darker.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:57 pm

I had a look through the blues I have and I reckon it's a toss up between Humbrol #47 Sea Blue and Gunze H323 Light Blue. I put a few colours on a bit of paper and those 2 came up the closest I think. The Humbrol #52 Baltic Blue is way too dark . I'll put them up to the screen tomorrow and see how it goes. I will also try the Italeri French Blue as well. I want it to be reasonably bright in colour.
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:53 pm

I've now started this one. This will be done OOB except for my usual seat belt treatment. I have some Quickboost exhausts for it but I left them at home so I'll just use the kit ones for this build. I've just done some basic painting so far. As for the exterior colour blue, I'll be using Tamiya TS-10 French Blue cos I reckon it looks about right. I might be able to get a bit of colour on the plane before I head back home in 2 weeks. I'll be moving house on my next trip home so I don't know how much modelling I'll get done. So if I use the Tamiya white primer, mask the required white bits and then spray the blue it'll be a lot closer to being finished when I get time to do it. I might even be able to finish this one before I get home form TSV for inclusion in the civvie category at expo. Anyway here's what's been done so far :)
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Looking good so far!!!
Another military aircraft in a cool civvie scheme :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:54 pm

You're lucky I'm not an admin here pal :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:17 pm

You mean you don't have a "delete" button.....bummer :)
TOR
tor lives

Next

Return to Member's Works in Progress