The saga of two Yaks.

Show us what's on the bench

The saga of two Yaks.

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Tovarishchi!

I am finally able to report some progress with my "Yakathon". I am building two 1/48 Yak-52's - one for the A/CAM display and the other to go in Expo as a Russkie DOSAAF machine. The A/CAM display Yak will be in the colours of the YAK-52 in the movie "Resident Evil", flown by the uber sexy zombie killing babe Mila Jovovich.

Here's a link to a clip from the movie. Pretty corny stuff, but it does involve the very important job of ridding the world of zombies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaIhQFDdcJM

The Res Evil build is slow as the kit is an absolute P.O.S from A-Models! I'll get there but it's hard Yakka! The best thing about this build will be the custom decals which came from the guy who did the original artwork in Canada for this movie then cleaned up, scaled and printed by none other that our own resident "semi-evil" modeller/pilot Damo!

The DOSAAF machine is the Neomega resin kit which is wonderful, but a challenge none the less. Putting the wings onto the fuselage gave the wings dihedral, which does not exist on the real thing, so off came the wings and major shaving/sanding to get those wings flat as they need to be. Fit of major parts is pretty average being a resin kit. Lots of "Zap a Gap" has been used. The cockpit though is an absolute work of art with a pieces fitting together like a Swiss watch. The cockpit is almost finished and has been a joy to do.

Hopefully, I'll get a little time over Easter to work on the Res Evil Yak to get it ready for painting along with the DOSAAF Yak.

Hope all A/CAMers have a great, safe and fun filled Easter!

Na Zdorovie

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Re: The saga of two Yaks.

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Nice job on the Yak's old boy :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Works in Progress