That HS125

Show us what's on the bench

Re: That HS125

Postby Knotty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Excellent work Wally , thanks for going to all this trouble for us blokes . I know I really appreciate it .
Knotty

Postby F-27pax » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 pm

The before and after photos show us the problem you've been dealing with. Using white decal film is an excellent solution to that problem and it is a tip that I will have to remember for my own modest attempts at making decals. Your photos are inspiring me to get out the old Airfix kit and fondle it in the expectations of what it will become. Thanks very much in anticipation.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby VH-WAL » Wed May 13, 2015 11:26 pm

I am just about ready to give up with this bloody thing

I am having trouble with the white decal paper as well, I am going to have to divide the tail decal into 3 separate pieces so that it will be better able to conform to the shapes, then have them printed on laser paper, the model and the decals will not be ready for expo, I have had a gutful with it for now... I will work on the elephant now (both of these models have been grinding me down!)
VH-WAL

Postby F-27pax » Fri May 15, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm sorry to hear that this project has been put on hold for the moment but I do know how you feel. There are times when a model project just gets too hard to push on with, I've got a 1/144 model of a Sikorsky S.38 that I get out occasionally and poke away at until it all gets too hard again. I may get it finished in my lifetime, maybe not. But I hope that you work up some enthusiasm to finish off this project in the coming year or two and then I can get on and start my HS125 too.

Leigh
F-27pax

Previous

Return to Member's Works in Progress