TAA Fokker F-27 from Airfix

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

TAA Fokker F-27 from Airfix

Postby BradG » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:19 pm

This is the reissued Airfix F-27 in 1/72. The plastic is still the same as the 1960s (I think) but at least the decals are nice. This was built several years ago now for someone who's sister was a flight attendant on this very aircraft. I do remember a lot of filling and sanding, I also did a few things to improve the look of the aircraft, including some nose work to give it a pointer profile and I cut out and redid the fin fillet, there were a few other improvements too which I can't remember.

BradG

Re: TAA Fokker F-27 from Airfix

Postby RayS » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:02 pm

Nice work Brad!

The reissued kit with TAA decals had a retooled nose to give the option of a radar or original nose. It was very poorly done as the radar nose pieces un-modified gave it a platypus nose look. Fortunately, the new parts are thick enough to allow reshaping to the correct pointed look as per your model.
Ray

RayS

Re: TAA Fokker F-27 from Airfix

Postby BradG » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:25 pm

RayS wrote:Nice work Brad!

The reissued kit with TAA decals had a retooled nose to give the option of a radar or original nose. It was very poorly done as the radar nose pieces un-modified gave it a platypus nose look. Fortunately, the new parts are thick enough to allow reshaping to the correct pointed look as per your model.

Yes that's right, it looked so flat and and I remember now thinking it was good it was so thick as a lot of carving was done!
BradG

Return to Member's Completed Models