Thunderbird 2 has a new home

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Thunderbird 2 has a new home

Postby Night-Raptor » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Calling this one finished - more than happy with the way its turned out. The biggest issue was matching the paint colour for the pods - the Thunderbird 2 was finished some years back, so matching the green was a bitch.
Next up - the Thunderbird 1 Launch Bay.

Night Raptor
Because after dark - everything looks good with Tiger Stripes.....
Night-Raptor

Re: Thunderbird 2 has a new home

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:41 pm

That is immensely cool! Looks straight out of the series. One good thing I've done as a father (must be a few epic fails along the way as well!) has been to teach my kids about the coolness of The Thunderbirds (original series of course!). I think it's on from time to time on Channel 99 - as well as the new CGI series, which my kids agree isn't as good as the original.

Bravo!

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Night-Raptor » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:That is immensely cool! Looks straight out of the series. One good thing I've done as a father (must be a few epic fails along the way as well!) has been to teach my kids about the coolness of The Thunderbirds (original series of course!). I think it's on from time to time on Channel 99 - as well as the new CGI series, which my kids agree isn't as good as the original.

Bravo!

Adam

Thanks Adam - and mate, that's good parenting. I'd love to lay my hands on a Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle, I've got an Angel in the stash. There's just so much Gerry Anderson stuff out there, I could settle for building that and Tigermeet and be happy :)
If you havent seen it - Captain Scarlet, and, you can get all of the New Captain Scarlet on YouTube - its actually pretty damn good.
Night Raptor
Because after dark - everything looks good with Tiger Stripes.....
Night-Raptor

Postby RHB785 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Excellent modelling there Night-Raptor. We sometimes watch the Thunderbirds on tv i the wee hours at work after Skippy when we have nothing on. It is a great kids' show and what I like about it is that it's trying to teach the kids there is more to this life than just money and self-absorbtion. Nothing wrong with money, we all need it to survive and money in and of itself isn't the root of all evil as some seem to think it is, but the love of money (for its own sake) is the root of all evil. Our world today seems to be teaching kids that it's ok to be as selfish as you want to be. The me, me, me, me, me syndrome. I see it all the tiime in my work, spoiled brats who think the world exists just to satisfy them alone. Of course some of these brats are in their 40s and 50s and the penny hasn't dropped yet. It's great to see someone building models of vehicles and all that go with them, hangars, launch pads etc from a tv show that was is still is much loved by all who watch it.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Member's Completed Models