1/32 Airshow Models Pitts Special S-2B

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

1/32 Airshow Models Pitts Special S-2B

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi all,

Here's a model I did complete a few years ago now, but I think fitting of posting at this brand new and exciting "civvy" model site! Sadly, Airshow Models is no more, but there is a good chance these models may resurface through Fisher Models in USA - fingers crossed! These kits are in my opinion the best Pitts kits in any scale. I also have the S-2C and S-2S Jim LeRoy "Bulldog" to build one day as well.

This model was a delight to build and my very first "civvy". I've never flown the "2B", but did a few hours in the "2A" some years ago now. The "2A" I flew did have the slightly wider fuselage with all bubble canopy as has the "2B". To explain the main difference, the S-2A has a 4-cylinder AEIO-360 Lycoming (6 litre and 200HP) and the S-2B has the large six cylinder AEIO-540 (9 litre engine and 260HP).

Adam the Akrodude

Re: 1/32 Airshow Models Pitts Special S-2B

Postby Capt NG » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Nice work Adam... Lovely model mate...
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby tor lives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:58 pm

God I LOVE this model Adam!!.....you have done such a great job on her. Sex appeal with wings!!!
I REALLY REALLY want one of these to go along with my 1:32 "Red Baron" and "Voodoo" Racing Mustangs. Curse you Akrodude and this very contagious 1:32 "bug" you passed on to me.
I hope she will grace the A/CAM display table this year at Model Expo.
Ray
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:45 pm

tor lives wrote:God I LOVE this model Adam!!.....you have done such a great job on her. Sex appeal with wings!!!
I REALLY REALLY want one of these to go along with my 1:32 "Red Baron" and "Voodoo" Racing Mustangs. Curse you Akrodude and this very contagious 1:32 "bug" you passed on to me.
I hope she will grace the A/CAM display table this year at Model Expo.
Ray

Dat's da plan man! It will be an honour parking my Pitts on your table for Expo - cost will be one A/CAM sticker!

Thinking about it, a Pitts is a bit like a wild girlfriend, one who turns heads when you walk into a restaurant. Step out of line just a bit though and you are rewarded with a good slap right across the face! It's fascinating that they tend to generate more "appeal" than akro monoplanes. I once flew down to a "fly in" near Geelong for the 100th anniversary of the Wrights in a S-2A with a mate flying his Laser in formation. Now, a Laser has a lot more performance than a S-2A and yet more people were interested in the Pitts. This drove this mate of mine crazy - he being a much better aerobatic comp pilot than I (me being a lowly Sportsman pilot then, he being Advanced).
Any way Ray, one day you will thank me for getting you into the "Grandpa" scale. I mean honestly, how much longer are you going to be able to handle all those tiny 1/144 and 1/72 airliner bits? In a few more years, I'll be lucky if I can even glue two large wooden blocks together!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Ooooooo lovely Pitts man. Great paint job as well :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Nillus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Rivetting.

All those rivets really add something to the model.
Great work.
Nillus

Return to Member's Completed Models