1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth VH-AMY

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth VH-AMY

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:41 am

Hi peeps. I'm calling this done apart from the rego decals (from DamoDecs). I'm really stoked with how this turned out. That's the 3rd model finished this time home :) There's a few things that annoy me about it like the twisted top wing :evil: :evil: :evil: But it's been a learning curve being the first biplane I've ever built plus rigging it as well. I'm still debating whether to take it up to TSV with me this time or wait till I have got the rego decals on but I hope the owner of the real thing likes it. There's be quite a few more of these built especially when the civvie Xtradecals sheet turns up. So it's been built OOB except for seatbelts. I've also drilled out the exhaust, added rigging and control horns, added the clear fuel gauge on top of the fuel tank and added the copper fuel line from the bottom of the fuel tank to the engine. There were also a few other things that I wanted to add but forgot about. That's ok cos I've got a whole list of things and details to add to my 1/32 build of AMY when I start that next trip home. Hopefully I can get some more pics of her this trip up there. Anyways onto the pics :)

Here you can see the twisted wing

All my 1/72 Civvie's so far
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: 1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth VH-AMY

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:33 am

Very very impressive work ol' boy! Honestly I think one of your best yet - certainly best from a technical build perspective due to rigging - which you totally nailed! This model looks a great deal larger than 1/72 I think.

BRAVO!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby kfutter » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:16 am

Very nice work indeed, Paul!

Kev
kfutter

Postby Graeme H » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:17 pm

That is totally awesome dude, just need a starter motor in some really colourful gear and it would be complete
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby tor lives » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Mate.....I gotta say, she has turned out superbly!!!. You are clearly a natural at building Bi planes, and inspiration to modellers like me who have always wanted to attempt the "dark art" of rigging but have been to afraid to try. This beautiful little model is a clear example of what can be achieved if you are game to go outside you modelling "comfort zone". All your civvie models together are also a visual treat!!!
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks guys. I had a ball building this and learnt heaps. I'll be starting another Tiger Moth when I get home from TSV :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Completed Models