DesTROYers Completed Builds for 2017

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

DesTROYers Completed Builds for 2017

Postby DesTROYer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 am

My 2017 build collection. 15 Models, three trophies and so many new kits in the stash.

I'm not sure these two really count, as they were more a palete cleanse to start the year off, and I haven't painted them yet, but as they are Bandai, they even look good painted. Maybe I'll paint them up over this Christmas break.

Next up was this commision build I did for a friend in Queensland. A Colonial Viper with full lighting rig. It was an awesome build and I must get around to doing one for myself.

First piece of Aussie armour for the year. My Long Tan Veteran M113 APC

Then back out in space for this one, but this time a little closer to home. I loved doing this Apollo Lander so much. Though with all the Alcad II I bought to paint it, it cost me a fortune.

And back out into the Outer Rim, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. This time a Bandai R4-D4 droid. After the recent Astromech build, This may find its way back onto my bench over the next two weeks do get some sand applied too.

My first boat. Showcase Models Collins Class Submarine. I have two different HMAS Melbourne's to do in the next 12 months, so it won't be alone in the cabinet for long.

My next bit of Armour, another Vietnam Veteran, a M113 FSV. It must have a Western Australian Commander.

Back to the RAAF for the first time this year. This build cause a few head aches, but I learned a lot and it wont be my last flying boat. This Cat was the first time i used my Portrait cutter to full effect. Very successfully.

This Qantas bird spent a lot of time on the shelf of doom, over a year in fact. From missing and damaged parts that needed to be replaced or crafted, and decals that taught me that its best to cut long ones into smaller managabe pieces.

The lesson with this Tracker was patience. Over 4 months I had to wait for the decals to be released by Ronin. Well worth it in the end I think.

I had a ball with this build. All the research and studying paid off for this beautiful 1/32 Tamiya RAAF P-51D Mustang.

Like the Tracker, which after I saw it in the flesh for the first time, I knew I had to build, this Kiowa was a but build on my list from the moment i saw it. A little bit of scratch building on this Esci kit took it a long way.

Built in an afternoon as a gift for my Doctor, this R2-D2 came out great. I handed it over to him on Wednesday, but as it was wrapped, I won't know his reaction until I see him next in late February, unless he gives me a call. I think he'll like it though.

And finally, my last build for the year, and another one that's been on my build list for a long time. I had such a good time building this, I ordered a second half way through. One or two windows aren't sitting in quite right, but I think it still looks the goods.

Thank you everyone for your support over the 2017 modelling year. What’s next? Even I don’t know. Another Pig, a Space Shuttle, more Armour and of course another 1/32 something. Everyone please have a very merry Christmas and an Awesome new year with heaps of modelling.

Troy 'DesTROYer' Henderson
DesTROYer

Re: DesTROYers Completed Builds for 2017

Postby tor lives » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:08 am

You rock man!!!!.....that is a friggen awesome effort. I kneel at your feet in respect good sir.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Graeme H » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Great output there Troy
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:30 am

another great year Troy
oz rb fan

Return to Member's Completed Models