Civil aircraft for April

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Civil aircraft for April

Postby F-27pax » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:54 am

Here's the civil models I put out for display at our MoB meeting last night.

The most colourful is this Boeing 200 Monomail. It's a Dekno resin kit which goes together more easily than most resin kits I make and it is a big beast for its time. This is a recommended kit, but there's only one colour scheme because Boeing only made one of these.

This Schneider Gruanu Baby I was being sold cheap by one of the Asian eshops, much less expensive than you'd normally pay if you like this kind of thing. It is another resin kit and it must have taken me an hour to assemble and another hour to paint. This was my first experiment with MRP acrylic lacquers and I was quite impressed, though I'm still old enough to still prefer enamels.

Finally, the F-rsin plastic F-28-1000 with Hawkeye decals. This one is a lot of hard work in simply getting the pieces of the kit tidied up to be used and not so bad after that. The instructions are not very clear about the engine pod parts and I got it wrong so I'm going to have a go at the Accurate Airliners F-28-4000 instead.

F-27pax

Re: Civil aircraft for April

Postby Graeme H » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Those are really impressive Leigh, love the little Fokker
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Impressive output.
DesTROYer

Postby RayS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Nice job Leigh, the Boeing is quite unique but I must say you did a great job on the F-28.
Ray

RayS

Return to Member's Completed Models