Civil aircraft for May

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Civil aircraft for May

Postby F-27pax » Mon May 07, 2018 10:11 am

Only one this time. Some little technical problems stalled the others. This is the Accurate Airlines F-28-4000 with aftermarket Jet Set decals. The undercarriage legs for this kit are very fragile and they all broke off and had to be replace, with ones from the F-rsin kit. The decals are from a Jet Set decal sheet which was probably printed in the mid 1980s, ATI only flew F-28s in Western Australia under the 'Airlines of Western Australia' brand between 1981 and 1984. The decals were printed on yellow backing paper so I only discovered the had yellowed after it was too late. So this doesn't look too great, but it's too late to go back to improve things.

F-27pax

Re: Civil aircraft for May

Postby Graeme H » Tue May 08, 2018 9:34 am

Still looks good there Leigh

let me check, I may have a set of someone's F28 decals, that had the titles, but no fuselage cheat line
Graeme
Graeme H

Re: Civil aircraft for May

Postby F-27pax » Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 pm

The Jet Set decals sheet doesn't have the fuselage lines either, only the airline titles and tail logo. I had to make the lines myself which was one of the challenges of this model. I don't know what good putting the decals out in the sun for a week or so would do because of the yellow backing paper which disguised the problem for me in the first place.
F-27pax

Return to Member's Completed Models