SAAF Cheetah E 1/72 from High Planes Models

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

SAAF Cheetah E 1/72 from High Planes Models

Postby Michel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:11 am

Hi Everybody,

Here is my High Planes Models Cheetah E.

The box includes the new “revised tool” plastic injected sprues, some resins and photo-etch bits.

Several schemes are available, including the famous 842 with its two tone of grey, currently at the Zwartkop museum near Pretoria in South Africa, but also a very striking full gold 850 aircraft, not very common this one...plus two other low viz schemes , the standard camo used on this aircraft.

I choose to represent the Cheetah E 832, 5SQN, initial service scheme, AFB Louis Trichard, 1988

Couldn't resist to take a family happy snap with the other SAAF mirage-Cheetah already in my display case.

Michel
Michel

Re: SAAF Cheetah E 1/72 from High Planes Models

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:37 pm

Very nice work there Michel! You Frenchies sure know how to design a fine looking flying machine! I think some of these Cheetahs are now finding their way over to USA to become adversary trainers - interesting times huh. Spanish Mirage F-1s have been purchased to also act in this role - may be some interesting schemes that appear in this regard!
Adam the Akrodude

Re: SAAF Cheetah E 1/72 from High Planes Models

Postby Michel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks Adam :)
I wouldn't say all French Aircraft looks good, some ugly duckling were made, especially before WWII !
Marcel Dassault was always saying an aircraft has to look good to fly well...
Some Cheetahs are now flying for Ecuador and you are right, for Draken International.
Michel

Return to Member's Completed Models