Steve the Spitfire

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Steve the Spitfire

Postby hrtpaul » Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 pm

I finished this today. It's a 1/72 Airfix Spitfire PR XIX done as an imaginary racer for my little 5 year old boy. He came up with the colours by himself and the scheme was a collaboration by us both. He calls it 'Steve' and I think it has something to do with Minecraft that he's into at the moment. He hasn't seen it finished yet but that'll happen this Saturday. If it stays in 1 piece until expo, I might enter it. Anyway it's such a cracker little kit I bought 1 for myself. I used Gunze and Alclad paints and it's OOB :D :D

P.S. I just realised I forgot to put the exhausts on. That will be done tomorrow :oops:
Last edited by hrtpaul on Fri May 30, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Steve the Spitfire

Postby tor lives » Fri May 30, 2014 10:01 am

Just friggen awesome!!! that turned out a treat mate :D . You now need to build another one in these colours as a legit WIF Air Racer.
Ray
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri May 30, 2014 10:38 am

Works for me on a couple of different levels at least! I'm sure R.J Mitchell would approve as well! The name Spitfire was inspired by the daughter of the chairman of Vickers (Aviation) Ltd.

Dug this up on the net - so it must be true!

But from where does the actual name "Spitfire" originate? The answer was revealed to a wider public in October 2011 with the passing of a remarkable centenarian by the name of Mrs Annie Penrose.

Her father Sir Robert McLean was Chairman of Vickers ( Aviation) Ltd, the parent company of Supermarine from 1928, who demanded that the Air Ministry dub Reginald Mitchell's new elliptical wing fighter something venomous sounding, and because of the Supermarine sibilant it had to begin with the letter 'S'. His choice was Spitfire, the affectionate term he used for his spirited elder daughter.

Initially the Air Ministry had reservations about the name, as did Mitchell, who argued for calling the new aircraft the Shrew; but in the end McLean prevailed.

So, congrat's on building a lovely little Spitty! I helped create and live with three little "Spitfires" myself! Oh yeah, and Planes is one of my all time fav films too!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Nillus » Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 pm

STUNNING!
Nillus

Postby Tony P » Fri May 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Looks great Paul. The little bloke must be chuffed. There is another "Planes" movie coming out this year focusing on fire fighting and rescue. I can see the above as a new character.
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby hrtpaul » Fri May 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Thanks guys. Brock will see it tomorrow morning when I pick him up from his Mum's place. I can see a few more of thesetypes being made if my little man has anything to do with it :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm thinking of entering it in expo in the WW2 OOB category for a laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TOAM wrote:Looks great Paul. The little bloke must be chuffed. There is another "Planes" movie coming out this year focusing on fire fighting and rescue. I can see the above as a new character.

Way ahead of ya mate. It comes out in the States in 50 days. Not that Brock is counting (Daddy might be though 8-) ). I've only got 3 more planes to collect from the first movie then I guess it starts all over again when Fire and Rescue comes out.Wonder if there's a VLAT in it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Sat May 31, 2014 1:22 am

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i wonder how damo is going with bulldog?
the film is great(my wife is building an el chupacabra!!!!!! :o ...i hope brock loves steve :D
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 am

The verdict from Brock is in. He was stoked so my work here is done :D :D :D :D :D
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Sat May 31, 2014 12:21 pm

well done!!!!!!!!....the best result of all!!!!!!!!!!! :D 8-)
oz rb fan

Postby Capt NG » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:08 am

Awesome Paul.. Love the paint job... Great to have the input from your little fella.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Next

Return to Member's Completed Models