Allegheny DC-9-50

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Allegheny DC-9-50

Postby Fuzznoggin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:59 am

Here is my "kit bash" of two old Aurora Hughes Airwest kits needed to stretch the fuselage. Wings were extended by scratch building 6' scale segments at the wing root area. Paints were custom mixed to agree with the paint samples I have on other old Allegheny collectible items. Window Decals by Authentic Airliner Decals (3D). Paints were combination of Tamiya and Model Master. The Allegheny name and N-number were airbrushed by using vinyl templates from my Silhouette vinyl cutting machine. This kit was originally modified in fuselage length only about 40 years ago and sat in pieces in a moving box. Completely stripped down, reassembled, and refinished. Custom base and vinyl Logo by myself

ImageIMG_E8488 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8305 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8303 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8306 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8308 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8302 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8300 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr
Current Build - Aurora 737 refurbishing to JANET Airlines
Fuzznoggin

Re: Allegheny DC-9-50

Postby RayS » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:47 am

Looks like you have been building these types of kits for a while Jack, the workmanship and finish is excellent.

I do like the bases with the vinyl logos, I assume you create/print these yourself?
Ray

RayS

Postby Fuzznoggin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

RayS wrote:Looks like you have been building these types of kits for a while Jack, the workmanship and finish is excellent.

I do like the bases with the vinyl logos, I assume you create/print these yourself?

Thanks Ray. I created the logos using a Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutting machine. Design the logo on computer using their software and sending it to the cutter. I made the templates for the 'Allegheny" & registration number and airbrushed those. The 4 shades of red were a major pain in mixing. Took some time but got them as close as possible.
Current Build - Aurora 737 refurbishing to JANET Airlines
Fuzznoggin

Postby RayS » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:18 am

Thanks for the explanation Jack on the base, I did not realise the all the reds were painted. All the more impressive!
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:10 pm

What Ray said :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Completed Models