Midway Airlines Fokker 100 Diorama

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Midway Airlines Fokker 100 Diorama

Postby Fuzznoggin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:31 am

I have a few of the Revell 1/144 scale Fokker 100's and built a couple with the Midway livery. In this particular build, I decided to go with a KRDU Terminal C, Gate #4 diorama referencing a few old photos and from what I can remember when I flew them. Gate area completely scratch built. Jet bridge by OK models (now owned by BraZ). Modifications were made to the jet bridge to make it as realistic as possible. Paints by Tamiya and Master Modeler. Midway Decals by Liveries Unlimited. Lettering and numbers on the gate countdown clock were burnished on with dry transfer decals from Woodlands Classic (railroad decals). Ramp markings created with vinyl from my Silhouette vinyl machine. Only thing missing is the ground equipment which I hope to add to it someday.

ImageIMG_8916 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_E8914 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_E8911 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_E8903 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8904 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8905 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8907 by Fuzznoggin, on Flickr
Last edited by Fuzznoggin on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Build - Aurora 737 refurbishing to JANET Airlines
Fuzznoggin

Re: Midway Airlines Fokker 100 Diorama

Postby RayS » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 am

Nice one, I have one of these kits, they are hard to find these days.

The jet bridge is something I would like to build one day. The overall display looks great
Ray

RayS

Postby Fuzznoggin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 am

Yes, the Revell Fokker100 kit is truly a rare find anymore. Wish I had 1 or 2 more on the shelf. The jet bridge was a bit of a chore. Hate to say that many pieces just did not fit properly and some modifications need to be made. I added the side cage ladder and railings on top of the canopy. Also the ground AC unit was scratch built and placed under the bridge. The pedestal by the terminal needed to have a metal column installed versus the plastic as it was a weak support. The wheels that come with the jet bridge are ridiculously small and not to scale. What you see on it now are the nose wheel tires from a 1/100 DC-10.
Current Build - Aurora 737 refurbishing to JANET Airlines
Fuzznoggin

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:08 pm

:o :o :o
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Completed Models