F-27pax models for September

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

F-27pax models for September

Postby F-27pax » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:49 pm

What’s new!

I’ve gone through a lot of white paint this past month.

Bell UH-1B in 1/72 by Italeri with Dekl Decals
This is a model that any real modeller would throw in the bin out of disgust and disappointment at their modelling sskills. However, I have no shame so here is a model that is best looked at from a long distance or through a rose coloured lens. If I’d decided to make a drab olive model, as most everyone would, this model would have come out okay, but I tried something a bit more difficult and paid the price. You can read the grim details in my [url]workbench note[/url].

Airbus A.330-200 in 1/144 byRevell with Hawkeye decals
This is part of my continuing project to make a few models of Airbus A.330s and A.340s in some colourful liveries. Thais is what one does when confronted with all the attractive airliner liveries that are available today, make more than a few because one can’t decide which one they like best.

Tupolev Tu-114 in 1/144 RusAir
This is a full resin kit but well moulded and fairly accurate. This would be a simple kit to make were it not for all the propellers, half of them going in the opposite direction to the other half. This took up a great deal of the construction time. The livery is one that Aeroflot used for only a short time but the decals are for the Tu-114 standing as a gate guarding at Moscow’s Domodedovo Airport when this kit was produced. However, it’s taken me so long to make it that the aircraft has since been scrapped and a new terminal building stands in its place. That’s progress for you.

Out of the Past

Bristol Bloodhound I in 1/72 by Airfix
This model was made from a kit which also included a trailer and landrover to tow the missile. I wonder where they have gone. This does not seem to be among the Airfix Classic range releases, but probably will be one of these days

Boeing 737-400 in 1/144 by Revell and Minicraft
This model is part of my process to make models of all the Boeing 737 series aircraft. This was made using the modified fuselage from a Revell kit and the wings from a Minicraft kit

BAC Lightning F.1A in 1/72 by Trumpeter
This model represents a Lightning flown by the Binbrook Target Facilities Flight of the RAF in 1973

Things to come

here’s more white paint in my future with another Airbus A.330, a Revell Canadair Challenger and a lovely Amodels Dassault Falcon 50.

F-27pax

Re: F-27pax models for September

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:38 pm

Great work as usual mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: F-27pax models for September

Postby RayS » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:01 pm

Nice job Leigh, I built the Huey in the same scheme and mine came out OK I thought.

What was the reasoning with cross kitting the 737 with revel and Minicraft bits?
Ray

RayS

Return to Member's Completed Models