My Boeing 747 Project

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Re: My Boeing 747 Project

Postby F-27pax » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:33 pm

I like your 747 TOR. The tail dates it from the mid 1980s? Wouldn't we like to know what is going on in the QF boardroom when it comes to new aeroplanes for their fleet. Would there be room in the fleet for A.380s and 747-8Is? Or will we be seeing the flying kangaroo on 787-9s or even A350s? They're going to have to do something soon.

So here's the last of my 747s, a 747-8I. The decals are from 26.

Having now made the Revell and Zvesda 747-8s I'd go for the Zvesda kit if I had to make another one. Although the Revell kit is a bit better on the detailed department, particularly with the undercarriage department, and the location of the flap track housings on the Zvesda kit are very poorly identified, when they are both assembled they look the same. Apart from the areas around the wing/fuselage and horizontal stabalizer/'fuselage joints which are better on the Zvesda. And I don't know about you, but I don't spend a lot of time peering into the wheel wells of model airliners.

So, that's the end of my 747 project. If I never see another 747 kit again I will be happy. Not that they have been bad kits to work on, just that eight or nine of anything is probably enough. If others want to put pictures of their 747 models here, as TOR did, that might be interesting.

Next will be a Boeing 727 project, but I might take a bit of a break and play with some earlier Boeings with piston engines, just fir a change.
F-27pax

Previous

Return to Member's Completed Models