Kitty Hawk 1/32 T-6G Texan

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Kitty Hawk 1/32 T-6G Texan

Postby kfutter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:25 pm

This might seem out of place here at first, but the machine I've modelled is a warbird in civilian ownership, despite the USAF markings. Not only is it the version depicted on the kit's box art, but also the very airframe that Kitty Hawk used as a basis for their model.

And here it is on the table at this year's Expo, where I was very happy that it received a Commended in a very strong field:

Thanks as always for looking!

Kev
kfutter

Re: Kitty Hawk 1/32 T-6G Texan

Postby tor lives » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:00 pm

It is most certainly not out of place Kev. It is quit simply a beautiful model and is most welcome here. We also have the "Airbase" for our military modellers to show off their master pieces. You are right about the 1:32 model entries at this year's Model Expo......I was simply in awe of the quality of all the models that we're sitting in that category :shock:
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Nice work Kev, and nice to see you here!
Ray

RayS

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:41 pm

how sweet that is!
VH-WAL

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Another I remember seeing at Expo. I love the result you you achieved. How was the kit build wise?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby kfutter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Thanks guys. I appreciate your kind words!

hrtpaul wrote:How was the kit build wise?

The fit is mostly OK, though there are a couple of inserts where it's only so-so. I tried using the engine mount assembly, but it was a complete disaster. Luckily you don't really need it. Everything else was OK. The decals were tricky though, as they are very thin, and like to stick where they land. This was a disaster on the cowling, which is supplied as one huge decal! I ended up painting most of it, and cutting out the stars from the decal sheet and applying them individually. Anyway, for all the gory details, you can check out my build thread over on LSP.

Kev
kfutter

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm

All those stars individually? Holy snapping batshit mate. I'll go check out the build thread now *Shakin head in amazment*
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Completed Models