Aeroclub 1/48 Demon Finished

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Aeroclub 1/48 Demon Finished

Postby VH-WAL » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi Guys, like I said previously, I don't build biplanes (generally or successfully) I find them too challenging for my limited skill set BUT I do love some of the subject matter .. Hawker's 'tween the wars designs are especially nice. I bought this kit a couple of years ago and it went into the stash forgotten till recently. Then last year I saw the Shuttleworth Collections Gladiator fly.. my! that too was gorgeous so I bought a kit for that as well.. so I figured that I should build the older biplane kit first so out came the Demon.

This is a limited run kit but it is really, really nice, all injection moulded plastic, two sheets of photoetch (including struts) and lots of white metal. Decals are fantastic. Parts and decals in the box to do a RAAF Demon if you wish. If you are like me, scared of bipes but would like one on your shelf, I heartily recommend this one as an icebreaker.
VH-WAL

Re: Aeroclub 1/48 Demon Finished

Postby RayS » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Nice one Wally, the Demon is a fine looking bipe! The rigging looks good too.
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:03 pm

That looks awesome Wally. I agree that the biplanes of that era are great looking jiggers. Well done on this one mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 pm

bloody awesome wally....like you last year i saw the shuttleworth(and the TFC) glad's..i have the airfix kit for one of the.....they really are wonderful aircraft.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:03 pm

What a lovely build of a very pretty aeroplane.
Nice job Wal!!
TOR
tor lives

Return to Member's Completed Models