The Silver Dart

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

The Silver Dart

Postby VH-WAL » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:39 pm

Who remembers Jet Jackson?

Here is one really outside the box for me, built to support this years ACAM EXPO table display.
Jett (Jet in Australia) Jackson previously known as " Captain Midnight" in the States was a TV series in the late 50s. I have fond memories of watching it and wishing I had hand held radios with which to call SQ1 (Jet) or SQ 2 (Ickky) and if I had to, the nerdy SQ3 whose name eludes me. (I recall talking into dad's empty cigarette packets..or was that after watching Man from Uncle?..hmm can't remember)
It was all highly implausible, low budget featuring really corny Ovaltine advertising still it had a jet in it "The Silver Dart"
It is the Special Hobby 1/72 Douglas Skyrocket kit with homemade decals. I can't say I enjoyed the build or any part of the process really I guess that's why it taken the best part of 6 months to finish it. There was no way I was going to mask the bugger up and clear decal paper printed decals would not show the blue and red colours well over the base silver so I had to print them on white decal paper which of course required very tedious cutting out.

So she is rough but attractive enough from 3 feet I guess. I had been saving woolworths cartoon character dominoes trying to think of a modelling use for them.. found a use with this one!

VH-WAL

Re: The Silver Dart

Postby RayS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:58 am

All that cutting was worth it Wally, looks great from here!

I hope to get mine finished soon, even though the aircraft type of apparently wrong, livery is right though!
Ray

RayS

Postby Graeme H » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:57 am

Wow, that is just outstanding
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:31 am

Sensational Wally. That looks bloody awesome and amazing work on the decals. Spewin I won't see it at expo. Well done mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Brilliant Wally! My kids think the use of a Domino pure genius!

Bravo and very much looking forward to seeing this very hot "ship" at Expo!

Cheers

Adam (and kids)! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member's Completed Models