Hello from SW Florida

A place to introduce yourself to the A/CAM membership.
Tell us your story!!!

Hello from SW Florida

Postby Fuzznoggin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:43 am

Hello folks and thanks for the add to Group. I've been an off and on modeler since I was a kid. Built anything from military aircraft back then, to cars, and the old Entex 1/100 scale airliners. Took a break for a quite a while and got back into building sci-fi ships, particularly Star Trek which lead me into lighting things up. Then I took another break until recently when I retired and needed something to keep me busy; besides fishing and boating. I decided to dig out some of the previous builds I had carted around in a sealed moving box for decades. 3 of them were the Entex DC-10 (redone in National Airlines livery) and L-1011 (redone in Eastern Airlines Livery) and an old Aurora DC-9 kit bash (for lack of a better term) turned into an Allegheny DC-9-50 series. And all 3 were in pieces and yellowed over the years. These kept me busy for the better half of 2019 and now I once again have the modeling bug.

Next I built an Aer Lingus A320 (Revell 1:144 Air Berlin kit) and that turned out rather well with their new livery colors. After that, a diorama of Gate #4 at the old KRDU Terminal C with a Midway Airlines Fokker100 prepping for departure. Now I have the diorama bug ... LOL. My current project on the bench is the Revell 1/144 747-8F Cargolux "cutaway" which I intend to torment myself with lighting, angling the main landing gear, and configuring the leading edge and trailing edge flaps in the landing configuration for an " over the numbers " diorama. This one will keep me occupied for a while.

I enjoy airbrushing with Tamiya, Mr Color, and Model Master products and I'm beginning to become acquainted with Alclad lacquers. Favorite scales? Well, the bigger the better. I prefer 1/100 on up. 1/144 is getting to be a bit tough with the sausage fingers, since parts are much smaller than I'd like to deal with. I will share photos of my models in their respective areas in the Group. Hope your enjoy them and look forward to seeing everyone's models.
Current Build - Revell 1/144 747-8F CargoLux "Cutaway"
Fuzznoggin

Re: Hello from SW Florida

Postby RayS » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:55 am

Welcome to our little part of the net FN.

I am looking forward to see the pictures of you builds once you get the photos sorted.
Ray

ImageImage
RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Welcome mate. Enjoy your stay and look forward to seeing more of your work :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Uros » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:34 am

Hello and welcome! I've seen your models, nice colection.
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby F-27pax » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:28 am

Welcome aboard. I used Modelmaster for thirty years and loved it but they stopped bringing it into Australia a few years back so now I've converted to lacquers. Unfortunately Tamiya lacquers seem to be in short supply at the moment, in particular their rattle can Pure White for airliners, which is slowing my production rate.
F-27pax

Return to Introductions