Mojo Savior

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Mojo Savior

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Hey peeps. I lost my mojo ages ago and haven't touched plastic in over 5 months. So I decided to try and get the mojo back by building something easy that I didn't have to worried about accuracy etc. Been having a ball doing this and I think once it's done, another simple and straight forward kit will be done.

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Mojo Savior

Postby RayS » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 am

Nice to see you are back at it Paul. This one should be finished in no time.

I am building the C-17 egg at the moment.
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:27 pm

RayS wrote:Nice to see you are back at it Paul. This one should be finished in no time.

I am building the C-17 egg at the moment.

Ta mate. Shouldn't be much longer though I need some sun so I can bleach my yellow decals. How are you finding the C-17? Are you doing an RAAF one and if so, what decals are you using? Cheers mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Being a snap together kit the plastic is a bit softer than what I am used to, I have been puttying and cleaning up seams as well.

I have a 1/144 Xtradecal sheet with markings for the first 4 RAAF C-17s and will be using parts of that as well as a sheet of various sized roundels
Ray

RayS

Postby Graeme H » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Good to see Paul
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:04 pm

RayS wrote:Being a snap together kit the plastic is a bit softer than what I am used to, I have been puttying and cleaning up seams as well.

I have a 1/144 Xtradecal sheet with markings for the first 4 RAAF C-17s and will be using parts of that as well as a sheet of various sized roundels

Cool man. I'm gonna have to get me one some day.
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
RayS wrote:Being a snap together kit the plastic is a bit softer than what I am used to, I have been puttying and cleaning up seams as well.

Cool man. I'm gonna have to get me one some day.

Picture of it in the back left corner of this shot
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:15 pm

That looks wicked mate. I'll add it to the "must have" list 8-) 8-) 8-)
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Well I got the decals on Tuesday. They're a bit yellow but with a distict lack of sunlight in sunny Melbourne I thought f&ck it. They don't actually look as bad against the black. I have since flat coated it so the undercarriage and exhausts will probably go on tomorrow and it'll be done.
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Decals look OK to me Paul, over a nice result
Ray

RayS

Return to The Air Base