Missionmaster musings

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Missionmaster musings

Postby uncle les » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:33 pm

I present a little gentleman's scale Nomad I whipped up for the recent ModelExpo. Having already done this to death in 1/72 & 1/48 I thought it was time for a 1/32 example. ( I might try a 1/144 next..)
Built in the last month using 3D rendering technology, blutack, plasticard and spit it's far from perfect but I like it !

Here it is playing second fiddle to a much better entry in the scratchbuilt class (a 1/3 Indian motorbike that's just been taken off the table behind... man it was good)

Without going into a blow by blow description of its construction here's some pre Friday night shots !

Anyhow - here's more of what the finished article looks like.

and again - at the event: (photo credit Frank Morgan - he won't mind me borrowing this one - I failed to take any in focus with the Indian in the background)
uncle les

Re: Missionmaster musings

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Its a lovely model les, up there with my favorites of the weekend.
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:16 pm

Absolutely amazing Uncle Les. Outstanding work :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Yep.....she is all kinds of awesome Uncle Les. I think I stopped by and admired her at least a couple of times each day.
Speaking of Nomads, are you going to do another production run of the 1:48???, cause I would love to grab one or two if you do, (love to do one in the very pretty Sunstate colours). Reckon some of the other blokes on here would also be interested.
Great briefly catching up with you on the weekend.
Regards
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:45 am

Ah huh! So it was you! This model had me thinking "What the....., How the....., Who the.....?"!

A fine example of modelling in it's purest form. Brilliant work and a hearty bravo from me!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Return to The Air Base