Messerschmitt Me 262A in the RAF

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Messerschmitt Me 262A in the RAF

Postby BradG » Sat May 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Number 6 for this year, Tamiya's very nice 262 in 1/48. Sometimes it's just nice to build something Tamiya! Aircraft is formerly of 1/JG7, captured at Fassberg by 616 squadron RAF. Decals come from cutting edge and it looks like I will be on the hunt for some more Me 262 kits at Expo to fill the remaining captured machines in my decal stash!

Now I really must finish my civil entry for Expo.

BradG

Re: Messerschmitt Me 262A in the RAF

Postby RayS » Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Nice work Brad, I like the way you have çovered'the previous owner's markings.

It is funny that I have never built a Tamiya aircraft kit. I have a few in the stash but have not got around to tackling them.

I have built 2 Tamiya armour kits, a PzIV in my youth (the late 70's), which was totally different to my usual pocket money Hasegawa and Airfix 1/72 and 1/76 purchases of the day, and a BT-42 for a club display 18 months ago.
Ray

RayS

Re: Messerschmitt Me 262A in the RAF

Postby BradG » Sun May 20, 2018 6:53 pm

RayS wrote:Nice work Brad, I like the way you have çovered'the previous owner's markings.

It is funny that I have never built a Tamiya aircraft kit. I have a few in the stash but have not got around to tackling them.

I have built 2 Tamiya armour kits, a PzIV in my youth (the late 70's), which was totally different to my usual pocket money Hasegawa and Airfix 1/72 and 1/76 purchases of the day, and a BT-42 for a club display 18 months ago.

Thanks mate, you really need to treat yourself and build one. I reckon over the years I've built or bought almost all their 1/48 range!
BradG

Return to The Air Base