Uncivil models for August

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Uncivil models for August

Postby F-27pax » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:27 am

Here's two little ones recently completed.

The Italerie General Atomics RQ-1L.

And then the Revell 1/72 Focke Wulf Fw190A-9 turned back from their F-8 with sime Eagle Strike decals.

F-27pax

Re: Uncivil models for August

Postby Graeme H » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Great as always leigh, surprised that you're calling them for August, still a lot of the month to go
Graeme
Graeme H

Re: Uncivil models for October

Postby F-27pax » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:32 am

I seem to be having a Japanese themed month with three of the four being of that nationality.

First the old Hasegawa Kawasaki H8K2. This is the old boxing rather than the new kit from them. I didn't fell inclined to selling my first-born into slavery to be able to afford it.

Continuing on the Japanese theme, here's a couple of Imperial Japanese Navy carrier aircraft, the Aichi D3A1 and Aichi B7A1. These are both the old Fujimi 1/72 kits which were quite stunning in their day but seem quite primitive around the cockpit area in comparison to most modern day models.

Finally, this is a 60 Maintenance Unit BAC Lightning F.1 that I made from the Trumpeter kit about a decade ago. It seems to have survived fairly well over that time.

F-27pax

Postby Graeme H » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 pm

All top stuff there Leigh
I was just a little to late to get the newer Hasegawa Emily, from Craig at Modelworks, when the guy from Runway 13 bought it out from under me
It was just under $100, cheapest I have seen it so far
I need it to build the aircraft that bombed Townsville
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Nice efforts there mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to The Air Base