Vautout and R2Y1

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Vautout and R2Y1

Postby F-27pax » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:21 am

Here's two recently completed military kit. The Vautour IIB is the Azur kit, which is pretty good apart from the undercarriage, which is 5mm to 8mm too short. I only discovered this as I went to put on the wheels at the end of the project, which caused great consternation. The wheel well detail in this kit is quite detailed but I had to break off the undercarriage legs to lengthen them, so most of that detail is lost so we don't look in there. The metallic finish is AK's Extreme metal, about five different shades of aluminium so the surface doesn't look too bland. It's a very nice kit, apart from the undercarriage.

The Yokosuka R2Y1 was made straight out of the box from the Fine Molds kit in about 48 hours, to see if it could be done. It's a very nice kit, the only thing I added were some seat belts made out of Tamiya tape.

Finally, here is one that I made in 1986 when I was in the grip of a bad case of Advanced Modellers Syndrome. It's the Matchbox Halifax B.I. It might look nice but it's not something I'd do today.

F-27pax

Re: Vautout and R2Y1

Postby Graeme H » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Like those a lot, just recently acquired a Matchbox Halfax from Rob
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby RayS » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:32 pm

I had the Vatour atone stage (got it at Expo) and intended to do it as a 2SQN Vietnam bomber. Another nice job there Leigh.

I built a Matchbox Halifax a few years ago for a fellow at work, his Uncle was a nav/bombardier on them with 148 SQN RAF. I want to build another for myself at some point and found one cheap a while ago.
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Nice work mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to The Air Base